Royal Hideaway

Old May 2nd, 2002, 09:28 AM
Denise

Royal Hideaway

My travel agent has been recommending that I plan my next vacation to the Royal Hideaway. I have a few questions for those of you who have been there.

How's the beach? Is it crowded? Can you swim there?

How dressed up do you have to get for dinner?

Old May 2nd, 2002, 07:27 PM
LIZ

We spent 10 days at RH a year and a half ago...It's since spoiled us for other resorts!...

The beach can get a bit crowded..RH is in a complex called Playacar just outside of Playa Del Carmen...There are about a dozen resorts all along the sea...But, the good thing is, they're not high-rises like Cancun...The water is beautiful tho'...You can stand up to your neck and see your toes...It's very swimmable!...

At dinnertime, the men must wear long pants...Dockers and golf type shirts are what you see the most...NO jacket and ties!!...The women wear sundresses, summery slacks and tops, etc...

It's a very special resort... LIZ

Old May 6th, 2002, 10:51 AM
Grumpy

Despite my name, the Royal Hideaway was the best vacation ever. My wife and I are 50+ and have been to various Caribbean resorts. This one is the best.GO without hesitation!!

Old May 7th, 2002, 04:58 AM
eileen

We were there in April, search on this forum for my comments. Overall one of the best resorts we've been to for a good value, you get a lot for your money. The beach was too crowded for our taste, but our last trip was to Provo so the empty beaches there spoiled us! Also didn't like the fact that hardly any rooms have ocean views, but other than that a wonderful resort, fabulous food.

Old May 8th, 2002, 09:47 AM
Sharon

My daughter and I went there for 5 nights last July. Had a fabulous time! Loved the facilities; very charming. The food was good, too. Our only complaint was that the water was not calm enough to snorkel, but otherwise just georgeous. We are also spoiled with the all-inclusive setup. We may return there this year, but considering calmer, snorkelling waters. Maybe we should just take a day-trip over to Cozemel instead of changing resorts. RH is, by far, the most luxurious of the resorts we drove past in the area.