Royal Haciendas Playa del Carmen

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone stayed at this resort? I know it's fairly new, but was wondering how the beach was (nice white sand, good snorkeling, safe swimming for children?), and how far of a walk it is into town, distance and time. We are considering it in June, 2008 when DS, age 6 is out of school.

Thanks!
Old Sep 7th, 2007, 02:22 PM

You would not be able to walk to town from this resort. It is off the highway and walking on the highway even if it was close is not a safe.
Old Sep 7th, 2007, 02:31 PM

Just looked this up on trip advisor and there were several reports from visitors. The resort is north of Playa Del Carmen and would take between 5 and 10 min to drive into town.
Old Sep 8th, 2007, 02:47 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, colokid. I'll keep that in mind. We'll probably have a rental car anyway, since we'll need to get to the resort from Cancun airport, and we'd like to see Tulum and some other ruins. But we were hoping to be able to ditch it while at the resort.
Old Sep 8th, 2007, 06:22 AM

If you're going to rent, rent before you go online...it's cheaper that way. Your weekly rate will be less expensive then renting for a few days while you're already there. If you rent a car and drive into PDC parking in the north end of town is usually easier. Make a left onto Constituyentes and follow that down by the Royal right by the water. There's parking there or if you make a left onto one of the side streets there's parking on the street also. Just be careful of the one way streets...not always marked. Also, when driving to Tulum and the ruins there are large topes (speed bumps) on 307 and then on the Coba road heading west toward Coba, Chichen Itza and Ek Balam. There are a few different rules of the road when driving in MX also so it's a good idea to read up on those too. But, having said all that I drive in MX all the time when I'm there without problems...drive the speed limit, follow the rules and be aware of the gas station adventures when paying.