Search

Peru Explorer tour group?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peru Explorer tour group?

I am planning a trip to Cusco and Machu Picchu for April '08 and I have been researching tour groups, reading this message board, reading travel books, etc.

Most of the tour groups are way out of my price range, but Peru Explorer has some reasonable rates. This makes me think that they are either not reputable or not a quality company. Has anyone used them or know anything about them? Does anyone know of any honest and reputable travel agencies that specialize in Machu Picchu and other Incan delights?

Thanks for your help.
Old Sep 4th, 2007, 05:11 PM

What's your budget? Perhaps I can give you some ideas. Are you planning on doing the trail?
Old Sep 5th, 2007, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

My budget is low. I would like to get something for around $500, but I could go up to $700 or $800.

I'm not sure if I want to hike the trail because I'm going with my girlfriend and she doesn't hike. She may be willing if I convince her, but I'm not sure.

I would like to spend at least 2 days at Machu Picchu to really see everything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Sep 7th, 2007, 04:51 PM

My gal and I just got back from Peru . Look into Sprit airlines to save some cash on airfare to Lima. Flights from Lima to Cuzco are easy to book online; we used LAN.

My recommendation would be to get out of Cuzco and base in the Sacred Valley. Check out the site for http://www.kbperu.com

We stopped at the restaurant for lunch and decided use the hotel for our base in the Sacred Valley. The hotel is being renovated so rooms are new and clean with hot showers. The restaurant is inexpensive with amazing local food. Staff is local and the owner, KB, is from the states. They arranged biking tours for us and I’m sure will assist with Machu Picchu planning.

Our saving in the Valley let us spend a bit more in Macha Pichu.

Old Sep 8th, 2007, 09:10 AM

We used Peruplanet , after my surch on the net we find them reasonable prised . They did for us the incatrail , but they arrange all tours over peru .For flights , better to buy in advance.