Restaurants in Puerto Vallerta

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2004, 10:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My daughter and I are going to Puerto Vallarta at the end of the month. We are staying at the Mayan Palace in Nuevo Vallerta. She is an adult so we are looking for some nice restaurants to go to for dinner. Does not have to be fancy but good food and nice atmosphere. We will take a taxi to where ever we need to go as we probably will not rent a car.
Old May 4th, 2004, 05:39 AM

Many great restaurants in Puerto Vallarta, I recommend The River Cafe, Trio and Barcelona Tapas. Unfortunately you are a long way from town, nearly a half hour by taxi.
For a full list of restaurants see
<http://vallarta-info.com/restaurants.html>
Old May 4th, 2004, 05:52 AM

I don't think you realize how far away from town you will be in Nuevo I am going to say at leat 45 minutes. I don't think you will be going into town every night but here are the restaurants I would recommend you don't miss LaPalapa is right on the beach fancy but worth the visit. There is an Italian restaurant at the Marina called Portobella and also a steak house at the Marina called Buenos Aires very good. The Marina isn't as far as town. Good Luck!!!
Old May 4th, 2004, 09:05 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
My experience is only in town, but from Nuevo, you are alot closer to Bucerias, a smaller town, but with hotels, beach, restaurants, just a bit further north. You might post for suggestions there.

If you're having dinner in town I suggest drinks and snacks at sunset on the rooftop bar at Chez Elena/Los Cuatro Vientos hotel. Fantastic view! It's up behind the cathedral, taxi drivers know it.

Basilo Badillo is a street on the southside recently dubbed 'restaurant row' with lots of great not fancy choices, you can simply walk around and take a look, menus are posted. You're also very close to Playa Los Muertos at that point, and all the beachside restaurants there.
Old May 11th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. I know we are rather far out but this area is newer and said to be beautiful. We will either take taxis or the bus to go to the Marina. We might even decide to rent a car when we are there if we find transportation an issue. I will post a question about the other town. Thanks again.
Old May 11th, 2004, 07:15 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I wouldn't suggest car rental to come into downtown PV. Only because traffic and parking are a bit much (and taxi or bus are easy). Maybe a rental car if you want to head out north to the other beaches and smaller towns. Hopefully someone will answer your Bucerias post, because I know there are good restaurants there, but don't have personal experience to share.