Is Mismaloya too far from PV?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After reading all of the postings about everything that the downtown/central area of Puerto Vallarta has to offer, I'm wondering if we made a mistake by choosing to stay at the Presidente Intercontinental in Mismaloya. So I need some help... Are we too far from all of the fun? Is it safe for us to return to our hotel from downtown late in the night by taxi? We've read that the food inside the hotel is really expensive and not great, are there any restaurant recommendations that are near the hotel? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 08:11 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Mismaloya is about 15 mins. south of town. You can easily make the trip by public bus or taxi. Yes it is safe to return to hotel by taxi from town at night.

For me personally, it would be too far away because I adore walking walking walking around in town, going to all the shops, the grocery store, the Malecon, church, post office, galleries, fabric store, etc. And having a choice of dozens and dozens of great inexpensive bars and restaurants within a few blocks of my hotel.

That said, if relaxing by the pool and on the beach is more your interest, you should be fine. There may be a few places in the little town of Mismaloya? (I think, I haven't spent much time down that way.)

Does your room have a frig? You could supplement by buying your own snacks at the supermercado (Rizo's would be closest) in town. Even without a kitchen I always set up on a dresser with juice boxes, fruit, crackers, cookies, etc. Or when you're in town maybe have a hot lunch at a fun restaurant, then buy sandwich makings or a whole roasted chicken and tortilla for one meal to take back with you.
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 11:01 AM

Personally I think it's a bit out of the way, but still preferable to Nuevo Vallarta. A cab ride should be safe, as Suze said.
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 01:24 PM
cindiloowho

We always stay at Mismiloya...love it. And why don't you just walk up to the road, and cross to a little hotel/restaurant where they have wonderful and reasonable meals? A little bus passes every half hour and you can rattle into town, then come back to sanity when you are ready. The suites in MM are wonderful, have great balconies, and there is much to see around there from a taxi, horses to rent, etc. We much prefer it to the hullabaloo of the city.

Old Nov 23rd, 2005, 05:12 AM

I go every year to P.V. stayed at Mismaloya one night was totally too far for what we wanted to do. Was very nice though but too far away from everything.
Old Dec 1st, 2005, 06:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips everyone! I think Mismaloya will be just fine for us. For those of you who have stayed in Mismaloya, do you have any restaurant recommendations? Thanks again!
Old Dec 1st, 2005, 07:21 PM

We stayed in Mismaloya in April. It was fine. The little restaurants in the village over the road are charming, with friendly staff and great food. The food at our hotel was ordinary (la Jolla De Mismaloya), so we ate out alot and it was great. It was nice to get away from the Hustle and bustle of PV. We also at in PV quite alot. The restaurants along the beach, further towards the end away from town are beautiful at sunset and food excellent.