Recommendations for Punta Mita

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are considering staying at the Four Seasons in Punta Mita in June. However, I am a little concerned that we will feel isolated at the resort. Can someone provide me with restaurant recommendations in town in Punta Mita, as well as any excursion suggestions? Also, how easy is it to get to the town of Punta Mita from the FS?

Thanks so much!
Old Jan 4th, 2011, 11:52 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
There's not that much out that way. Yes to me it would feel WAY too isolated. There is a little town and a nice beach (El Anclote) but not much else. It's over an hour from the airport and PV proper.
Old Jan 5th, 2011, 06:21 AM

Just as Suze mentioned, there is not a lot of action out there with exception to el Anclote. There is a new hotel/restaurant by Thierry Blouet there, Cafe de Artistes fame which is nice and has some events and good food. Otherwise, for any form of night life, etc. You need to go into a more populated area like Bucerieas, Sayulita or Puerto Vallarta.

For less than the Four Seasons, you could rent a Villa in La Cruz and have most of the same amenities and also close proximity to more restaurants, art galleries, bars, etc. This one has a gym, spa, restaurant, awesome beach, private pool and also a beach club and you can have a private driver and easily go to town. http://www.casavalerie.com/exclusive...ta-de-mita.php

The Four Season charges over $200 US to drive you to Puerto Vallarta and back!
Old Jan 5th, 2011, 08:29 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
hola bzy1, glad you stopped in. my experience is limited to a single bus trip out that way so really couldn't be all that much help. thanks for your much more informative post!
Old Jan 11th, 2011, 07:02 AM

The 4 Seasons is right next to the village of El Anclote (Punta de Mita). You can walk to the few shops and all the restaurants in the village from their security gate. June is a very slow month but everything should be open. On the beach there is as mentioned above Cafe des Artistes which is top of the line restaurant with prices to match but very good. El Dorado on the beach is great, as is Margarita's just along the beach. Rosa's andEl Coral just to name a few. On the street leading from 4 Seasons is a Tapas bar and Boca small restaurant in the little shopping center. You can get a bus or taxi to Sayulita (20 mins) La Cruz and Bucerias all within 20-30 mins. PV is about an hour. It is a lovely area and more real Mexico than the 4 Seasons. Have fun.