Recommend a great All-inclusive?

Old Jan 29th, 2004, 05:58 PM
Original Poster

Recommend a great All-inclusive?

It's my job to start planning a vacation for 4 couples for February of 2005. We definitely want an all-inclusive resort in Mexico and are currently looking in Puerto Vallarta or Ixtapa. Must haves: Clean rooms & resort, nice restaurant selection, GREAT pool(s), swim-up bar, great alcohol, white sand beach, some sort of nightlife but not necessarily the wild & crazy party scene. Our last vacation was the Ritz Carlton all-inclusive in Jamaica and I think we are spoiled! We don't want to spend a fortune, we just want to have a great time! Can anyone recommend a good resort that would meet our desires?
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 06:51 PM

The only resort place in Mexico with white san beach is Cancun and Mayan Riviera.
There are only 4 resorts in Ixtapa with All Inclusive.
The nicest of the four is Barcelo's and next is Radisson.
Percy
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 06:35 AM

None of the hotels in P. Vallarta can compare to a Ritz Carlton however there
are some very nice hotels. If you want white sand try the Camino Real it has it's own private beach it's on a cove. I think they have an all inclusive pkg I am not sure. If you must have all inclusive try the Premier Hotel & Spa or the Fiesta Americana they have an option for all inclusive remember if you decide to go to P. Vallarta wall inclusive you will be missing out on a lot of beautiful places to eat. Good Luck
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 07:25 AM

Hi, I have also been to the Ritz Jamaica and it was the best service I have ever experienced! I recommend Royal Hideaway in Playa Del Carmen unless you are set on the West Coast of Mexico. It is an upscale, adults only AI with gourment food, wonderful pools, great spa and a beautiful white sand beach. In some ways we liked it better than the Ritz -- (went to RH in 2002, went to Ritz in 2003).
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 10:00 AM

I agree the Royal Hideaway is a very nice place , the beach is the white sand and the torguiose water of the Caribbean.
Percy
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 04:09 PM

I am a frequent traveler and great lover of Puerto Vallarta but...

It does not have the "white sand" of the Caribbean, even on the nicest beaches.

The charm to me in PV is in spending time with locals, eating in all the different downtown restaurants, cafes and street stalls, strolling the Malecon, visiting the Cathedral.

(My point being) for a high-end all-inclusive resort, I'd probably kindly suggest a different town.