Rainmaker feedback

Oct 1st, 2008, 04:15 PM
Original Poster

Rainmaker feedback

Hi:

We will be for 2 days in Manuel Antonio in February. I was trying to learn about Rainmaker and found nothing on the Forum about it. If any of the frequent travellers could share their experience and comments about this park, level of difficulty of hiking there, etc., that would be very much appreciated. How does it compare to the MA National Park? Does it require advanced reservations? Did anyone try their night tour? They have a web site which seems to be under construction. Thanks.
Oct 2nd, 2008, 03:40 AM

I've never heard of Rainmaker. However, when my hubby and I were in MA about three years ago, there was a nice private park at the top of the hill on the way toward the beach area (near Cafe Milagro) that had a fabulous butterfly garden. They also offered night tours which we took and it was well worth it.
Oct 2nd, 2008, 03:51 AM

If you do a search here on fodors you hopefully should come up with a trip report where a poster went there and enjoyed it, sorry can't remember their name. I would also do the park though.
Oct 2nd, 2008, 09:13 AM

Check out this thread:

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...6&tid=35090240

Type in Rainmaker in the search box above. Then check the threads that pop up.

Good luck,

MY
Oct 2nd, 2008, 07:08 PM

We went up to Rainmaker in the Fall of 2005. It is a private park with good hiking trails and suspension bridges. We went as a group with a guide so I don't know if you can do the trails on your own but the guide was very knowlegable.
The trails weren't too hard--not strolling paths but not mountain climbing.
They call it Rainmaker for a reason---very wet! It was dry & sunny at the base and by the time we got done with our hike, we were drenched.
It could have just been that particular day but I kind of think that's the way it is.
It's a very beautiful area but since we've never gone to MA National Park, I can't compare the two.
Oct 3rd, 2008, 04:09 PM
Original Poster

Thanks all of you for the replies and the pointers. MichelleY, I found the post at link very informative.