Questions on Cabinas w/ Lofts at Bosque del Cabo

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2011, 11:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DH isn't interested in returning to CR again (go figure!!) so planning a girls trip for next May with friends. We are splitting time on the Osa between BdC and Iguana Lodge, but aren't sure if there will be 3 or 4 of us. If there are 3 of us, BdC has deluxe cabinas w/ a king sized bed and a loft w/ 2 beds. Has anyone stayed up in the lofts and would they be much hotter at night or are there fans?

Has anyone stayed at Casa Blanca, the 2 bedroom house? I never see many postings about it, but looks like a good option. Don't think we need as much room as Casa Miramar has, but the private pool would be nice.

Romance, ambience, showers vs. tubs aren't an issue since none of our hubbies will be with us, more interested in the wildlife viewing. Pls. give suggestions on what you think works best for 3 or 4 women. 2 classic cabinas? Casa Blanca? Dexluxe w/ loft?

This will be my 5th trip and my friend's 2nd visits, will split our tours between both lodges with the Animal Sanctuary trip while we are at Iguana.

Thanks for your help!
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 12:33 PM

Our cabin, Tucan, had the loft, but we didn't sleep up there. I don't recall there being any fan up there like there was downstairs, but there was an opening in the roof that might allow some ventilation. The bottom of our cabin was warm, so I was glad to have the fan. It was in the 80s at night. Will whoever gets the loft be okay with that? Casa Blanca might be my pick because it would give you a little more space but still allow you to all be together. And it would give you the extra bathroom.
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 01:24 PM
Original Poster

Thx., VG - even tho we all live in La. or FL and are used to heat and humidity, I wondered if that loft would be too warm at night.

Do you know anything about Casa Blanca? Everyone says you can't choose a bad cabin and that wildlife is great viewing from all decks.
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 01:31 PM

Haven't stayed in Casa Blanca but it does have a great deck/view and it's right next to almond trees and across from mango trees and I've seen a lot of wildlife around there walking by. If you stay in a deluxe with loft I imagine you could ask for an extra fan. I think tully's planning on a May trip as well.
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 01:36 PM

The only thing I know about it is that it's a 2-bedroom, 2-bath and supposed to be more enclosed than Miramar. I've read that it is a little dark inside, but has a nice deck - can't speak from experience though so hopefully someone else will chime in for you. Someone posted a while ago about it needing a little bit of maintenance, but I think I read that it has been handled.
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 02:17 PM

One thing about asking for an extra fan, I'm not sure that there's an outlet up there. There may be, but I don't remember seeing one.
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 03:02 PM

The deck at Casa Blanca is beautiful, it's actually two - one covered and then one beyond that open to the air. I would love to stay there honestly.

As far as the lofts, when I took my dad we stayed in Tucan & he got booted up to the loft I think he had a little fan. Maybe it's cause we're from FL, maybe he was tired, or maybe he was just trying to keep me happy but he never mentioned that it was hot or that he had trouble sleeping.

Just a thought, maybe if you do go the cabina route, aim for Tucan or Pizote. Both have decks like all the others, but Tucan has an additional stone patio area and Pizote (newly remodeled) has an additional deck. So maybe give the 3 or 4 of you a little extra room. I'm actually doing a Pizote/Tucan split on next trip in Nov, will take extra pics if it will help!
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 04:06 PM
Original Poster

Thx. everyone - have been going through reviews on T/A for Casa Blanca, a few negative remarks from '08, but overall very positive. I trust the info from the regular BdC visitors here a little more than T/A since I don't "know" them as well!

Think we will toss the option of the cabina w/ loft, so now I'm down to Casa Blanca or 2 classic cabinas. Hope to know about our fourth person soon.

Tully - I watched your recent photo slideshow the other night just before I fell asleep - wonder why I was dreaming of monkeys, agoutis and birds all night long??!!
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 08:10 AM

colibri, We LOVE LOVE LOVE Casa Blanca. That's us (accomodations/CB) on the BDC website at sunset w/libations in hand on the CB deck. We've stayed in CB twice, each time for a week. I have inside and outside pics of CB. Email if you want me to send you some pics. We did not prepare or keep any food in the house.
We took the meal packages. email: parrmt at aol

But you can't go wrong w/either choice. We also loved the Cabinas on our last trip Toni
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 01:55 PM
Original Poster

Hi Toni - just e-mailed you for the photos - thx! Too funny that you are the ones on the website photo on CB deck - you definitely look like you are enjoying the view!

I'm sold on Casa Blanca, impatiently waiting for my friends to respond so I can e-mail Leonardo back. We would do the meal plan also. I've read such great reviews on their food and don't want to waste any trail time on cooking. Might stock up on some wine or rum in PJ though...that deck looks very inviting.
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 02:06 PM

Their food is good, excellent in fact, with a nice variety and really fresh. One day we had brownies and ice cream for dessert which seemed so decadent out there in the middle of nowhere. We were there on the 4th of July, and they had a bbq for all of us, and we had some good natured ribbing with the Brits who were at our table. The communal dining is fun.
Old Aug 2nd, 2011, 04:51 PM
Original Poster

Oh yeah, I've never been one to pass up a good meal and I know their cooking beats mine any day.

So long to wait! But all this planning is taking my mind off my return to Argentina next month. That darn Chilean volcanic ash cloud keeps messing up the Buenos Aires & Patagonia airports. I keep praying it goes dormant in the next six weeks....
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 11:52 AM

Congrats Toni on winning the Bosque Del Cabo photo contest for July! Maybe even more of your pics will end up on the website!