Puerto Vallarta Weather in August?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 12:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My boyfriend and I are thinking about going to Puerto Vallarta in mid-August, but are concerned about reports that it is very rainy. Any thoughts? Is that the off-season there? I've been to PV before and enjoyed the Las Caletas tour, but am concerned the tours won't be running. Thanks!!
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 01:34 PM

Hi. As far as I know, the tours keep going during the summer. It is VERY HOT there in August. Prepare to wear almost nothing and still sweat all the time because of the and humidity. Since it's a beach town, it's ok to wear almost nothing anyway. The storms at night are incredible. It's like a firework show on the Pacific,with the lightning and DEAFENING thunder!
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 02:04 PM

I went a few years ago in early August with my family, and it rained just about every evening for a little while. We liked it; thought the rain was beautiful. We ended up not doing some things because it was so hot, but it was great beach weather, and walking around town in the evenings was still really pleasant.
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 04:46 PM

We've visited a few of the Pacific coast resorts in August, including Vallarta, and it rained almost every night but was typically sunny and very humid during the day, building up to cumulus clouds by late afternoon. This is the typical tropical weather pattern in the rainy season.

This is if there are no hurricanes off-shore. If hurricanes pass by then it will rain a great deal, with possible flooding, and August is definitely hurricane season.

Vallarta is mostly protected from the high winds of hurricanes because of the bay (the counter-clockwise winds will have to hit the southern penninsula before reaching town, which tends to lower windspeeds) but you'll still get the rain bands.

Bill
Old Apr 3rd, 2007, 05:13 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Very hot, humid, some rain.

Yes August is technically both the "off season" and the "rainy season".