Puerto Vallarta question. Malecon????

Old May 5th, 2002, 03:52 PM
Maggie

Puerto Vallarta question. Malecon????

Just started to research what is the Malecon everyone talks about.

Old May 5th, 2002, 04:55 PM
Tricia

The Malecon
It is the Boardwalk that runs along the ocean front. Lined with Palm trees and the best place for a Sunday night familiy stroll. Starts at the Hotel Rosita (north end) and then heading south you start at the local fish market, further down are the local/tourist hot spots: Bodeguita del Medio, Carlos O'Brians, Zoo, Kahlua, Las Palomas where all the wonderful Calunga statues are then there is Tequilas Grill and the Sea Horse Statue. Just a bit further down is the Main Plaza / Guadalupe church and Los Arcos Outdoor theatre. You will find bbq corn on the cob, boiled corn, fresh aguas, mango on a stick, dulces, the balloon man, music. The Malecon!
The Malecon is where everyone

Old May 6th, 2002, 11:15 AM
Susan

Tricia's pretty much got it covered but I'll see what I can add!

During the daytime it's a wide sidewalk for getting north/south thru El Centro (downtown). But in the evenings it's a wonderful "hub" of town heavily used by tourists and locals alike. Popular with local teenage groups and couples and young families for hanging out strolling on weekends. (Note: The restaurants along it are known to be more expensive than "south of the river" or inland by a few blocks.) At the south end, there is a part of the plaza that artists sell wonderful little watercolors of town at resonable prices. Also right there you'll see arches and a stage - it is an amphitheater that sometimes has free music and dance shows in the evenings. Get an ice cream cone or corn in a cup or on the cob, grab a bench & watch the world go by!

Old May 6th, 2002, 09:06 PM
jj

If you go to the Cheesburger in Paradise website, http://www.cheeseburgervallarta.com/camerapage.htm they have a link to take you to the malecon cam. If you go between the hours of 10am and 7pm, you can see what it looks like. It updates every couple of minutes. Whenever I need a Puerto Vallarta fix, I click on it and relive the wonderful time I had there!
enjoy!
jj

Old May 7th, 2002, 08:25 PM
mexicodan

Palm lined cement walkway that runs for approx. 4-6 blocks along the beach and restaurant row in downtown PV. Lots of activity, fun and great for just people watching!

adios!
mexicodan
www.mexicomexico.info