Search

Puerto Vallarta Nightlife

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Puerto Vallarta Nightlife

Any suggestions for 2 married couples, ages 38-40yrs old, for places to go in the evening (e.g. after dinner) for music, dancing or other fun activities? Looking for fun nightlife, just do not want to seem like the grandparents in a room of 20 year olds.
Old Dec 27th, 2006, 06:46 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Just get yourself out and walk around. There are all kinds of places. Most have an open-air front so you can see the kind of crowd. Areas to go to include along The Malecon in downtown, and various street in the Old Town (south side) like along Vallarta, B. Badillo, Olas Altas.

I go frequently to PV, but am not a nightlife person myself, so don't have specific recommendations. But can say that it is not really a 20-something kind of town (like Cancun) so that worry will likely not be a big problem. Heck go party at Andales on Olas Altas as you'll be the youngsters there!
Old Dec 27th, 2006, 11:04 PM

I could not resist... Andales is filled with women with too much makeup and too little support! As late-40-somethings, we found it not only old, but amusing cougar country!

We liked listening to jazz at Cuates y Cuetas (sp?) in old town. If your husbands are willing (ours weren't) there are drag queen shows most nights. The more lively places are on the Malecon. I especially like the one with the huge statue where the whole front of the building opens to the street... don't know the name.
Old Dec 27th, 2006, 11:05 PM

Sorry, the drag queen places are in the old town... the Malecon is where most of the "regular" party bars are.
Old Dec 28th, 2006, 05:39 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I agree, Andales is just too darn scary for me (honestly I've never been actually in there myself, just peaked about a 100 times walking by). but it always is mentioned when people ask about 'older' bars.

CyC (yes you spelled it correctly) is very popular and a mixed-age crowd. It is right on Playa Los Muertos beach, an open air bar/restaurant that often has live music of various types. Good suggestion.