Puerto Vallarta Mexico May 2019

May 28th, 2019, 07:29 AM
Original Poster

Puerto Vallarta Mexico May 2019

I'm in PV now. It's been Pride week and Restaurant week(s) both fun celebrations here in town.

No one seems to post or ask much about Vallarta on Fodor's these days, but i'm here to help. If anyone's interested, get in touch, post here or feel free to send me a private message.

Sunny days, friendly people, nice weather, great food, good times, wonderful city. siempre, Susana
May 29th, 2019, 08:06 AM

Enjoy Suze! We are headed there June 27-July 4. Can't wait.
May 29th, 2019, 07:48 PM

Fill us in with a mini trip report when you get home. Have fun!
May 30th, 2019, 12:00 PM
Original Poster

It was a great trip, as always. The studio apartment I had was sweet as can be with the best infinity pool ever (iguanas included).

What I do probably isn't of much help or interest to others

I go to Zumba in the plaza every morning at 8am. This may or may not involve going out for tacos for breakfast with the group after (but they always invite me along).

It was Pride week and while I missed the parade the Racing of the Drag Queens was a fantastic Friday afternoon/evening street party on Pulpito. What a blast.

Caught the tail end of a folklorique ballet performance in Lazaro Cardenas plaza. Did a walk-about to help someone on Trip Advisor who is new to PV and considering an AirBnb rental out in a local neighborhood. Sat in the church for awhile and watch the world go by. Walk the Malecon. Listen to Mexican music on the radio (Musica Romantica station) and the Novelas on TV.

Also Restaurant week(s) going on where there are 3-course tasting menus at many restaurants, another thing I didn't do but one others might enjoy.
May 31st, 2019, 05:44 AM

It's rained last night ! Still May ! can you say Climate Change. Never seen rain in May for my 35 years living here.