Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, or Riviera Maya

Jul 18th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Original Poster

Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas, or Riviera Maya

My husband and I are looking to go the first week of Sept. I know we can't predict the weather this far in advance but which of these locations is less likely to get alot of rain during that time? I'm trying to do my research but one of the sites I found didn't seem to give accurate rainfall in the areas. According to it, PV seemed to get the most rainfall? Also, is this the kind of rain that goes for 30 min and stops or is it rain all day kind of rain?
Right now I'm looking at the Dreams Resort in PV, the Iberostar Resorts in Riviera Maya and still not sure about Cabo since I haven't read so many good reviews for there. Thanks so much for you help!
Jul 18th, 2005, 02:23 PM

For a better feel of Cabo, You need to go to tripadvisor.com and enter cabo san lucas for your destination, and then click on forums. There is a wealth of info for you there, and it has the least amount of rain. I just returned after a fabulous week in June and loved it! Very different fromPV, as it is desert and very dry. Beautiful ocean views.

RC
Jul 18th, 2005, 03:57 PM

Cabo is on a desert peninsula. Puerto Vallarta on the Bay of Banderas surrounded by lush jungles and mountains. I'm sure PV has more rainfall but I still much prefer it as a destination. It is a lovely town with tourist ammenities but also a normal functioning Mexican city of 250,000 people. I like the mix of both, instead of a place that is 100% made for tourism (like Cabo or Cancun).
Jul 18th, 2005, 04:01 PM

The old Camino Real (which is now the All-Inclusive called Dreams) is on the single nicest beach in Puerto Vallarta.
Jul 18th, 2005, 06:47 PM

I have not been to PV or Cabo but have been to the Iberostar Paraiso Lindo and would strongly recommend it. My wife and I are planning on returning to it for a second time in mid September. Trip Advisor has many positive reviews of the Paraiso. We are trying to get info on what damage they may have sustained from Emily.
Jul 19th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies!

Bill-If you get any info on the hurricane damage, please let me know. I checked their website but they didn't have anything posted.

Anyone have any idea if it rains in the Riviera Maya if there's no hurricane? Wasn't sure if it is rainy season there or not. May hold off trip to Nov but really want to go in Sept for our anniversary.

Thanks again! HB
Jul 20th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Original Poster

Bill
Here's a link to some info on the damage Emily did

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...6&tid=34651133