Puerto Vallarta

Oct 30th, 2003, 01:42 PM
Original Poster

Puerto Vallarta

My husband & I have booked a March 2004 vacation in Puerto Vallarta. Never been there but have been to many other places. We'd like any information on the Holiday Inn - we booked All-Inclusive. Is this hotel close to any shopping of any kind or will we need to use bus/taxi to get anywhere? Is the hotel itself a good choice? Clean? Safe? Relaxing? Any information anyone has would be greatly appreciated!
Oct 30th, 2003, 02:33 PM

The property is close to a large grocery store but you will need to take a bus or taxi to dinner and downtown for shopping. The good news is that most of your taxis will be under $5 US and they are easy to get. You are also on a bus route that is very easy to take as long as you aren't afraid of speed.

I have not seen the rooms but the property is clean and in a very safe area...actually all of Vallarta is very safe in my opinion.

My only comment would be about going All Inclusive. You really miss out on 90% of the reason to go to PV if you eat at the hotel 3 meals a day. The restaurants here are amazing. I have never had one person tell me they were impressed with their AI food at any hotel here.

Just my two cents! Let me know if you have more questions. I have lived here for 3.5 years.
Oct 30th, 2003, 05:59 PM

Hi
We were in PV last year. Stayed in the marina area and took taxis to town.
Tracy is absolutely right. DO NOT go AI
the restaurants in PV are fantastic. Some are upscale like Cafe des Artistes or funky and casual like Red Cabbage.
Have fun!
Oct 31st, 2003, 05:31 PM

Another vote against all inclusive. You can eat very cheaply and wonderfully in Mexico, so why limit yourself to bland, predictable fare when you can experience the interesting foods of the region? Yes, I have stayed at all inclusive resorts, you can do better.
Nov 3rd, 2003, 08:45 AM

From what I have heard about the Holiday Inn Please don't go all inclusive, I have not heard of a good thing about the food!!! And even if the food was great I would not go all inclusive there is so much to see and try you would miss out on a lot. Good luck We are going in March again this year too!!! Hoping the Sheraton is opened by then, that is where we usually
go. Good luck!!!!