Puerto Vallarta - tours/activities suggestions for 8 day honeymoon

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30th, 2003, 12:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have chosen PV as our honeymoon destination and will be going for 8 days in March 2004. We will be staying at the Camino Real. Now that we have our hotel and flight booked, I am looking into planning a few daytrips and activities. I know there is a lot to do in PV. We have never been there so we want to take advantage of as much as we can. We are active 30 year-olds who have traveled a lot and we want to find some uniquely Mexican things to do, and we would definitely like to take in as much of the scenery as possible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 31st, 2003, 06:36 AM

Well, you certainly picked the best hotel for a honeymoon. So many things to do and my typing is not fast. Have a look here
http://vallartainfo.com and if you have any questions after, by all means e-mail me.
Old Oct 31st, 2003, 04:38 PM

If you have a rental car, head south along the Costa Alegre "Happy Coast" and check out Chamela Bay, Careyes Bay ,Tenacatita Bay, and Navidad Bay. Also the villages of Tenacatita, La Manzanilla, Melaque, and Barra de Navidad! Do a 12 day loop down and up Mex. Hwy 200. A Real Adventure!

Map at: www.maps-of-mexico.com

Happy honeymooning!
mexicomexico.info
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 05:23 AM

We're getting married at the Camino Real- it's gorgeous! It has one of the nicest beaches, if not the nicest, of the hotels.
When we go back for our wedding, we want to check out San Sebastian- it's a mountain village outside of PV- I think you have to fly to it or take a long bus ride.
We're planning on booking tours from vallartaonline.com- i've heard great things about their company and it's easier than waiting til you get down there.
For food I recommend a fantastic & romantic Mexican meal at Los Milagros. Enjoy!
Old Nov 1st, 2003, 11:58 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
You can make your own tour by taking a local bus then walking around El Centro (downtown) and Zona Romantic or Old Town (south of the river, no one can seem to decide on a name that sticks for this most charming area!).

Uniquely Mexican thing to do: One evening stroll along the Malecon (seawall promonade) weekends are most festive with locals and tourists alike. Sometimes there's free music or dance on the stage at the south end under the arches. Eat a cup of corn from a vendor or grab an ice cream from a shop.

Scenery: take a bus out to the beaches north of town - Destiladeras or El Anclote are beautiful (between Bucerias and Punta Mita).

Have dinner one night at The Red Cabbage for great food and a unique atmosphere. Plan on sunset drinks on the rooftop bar at Chez Elena/Cuatro Vientos hotel for the best view back over town and the bay.

Though I've spent alot of time in PV and love it, I'm not a formal tour person so can't suggest anything there.

Feliz luna de miel!
Old Nov 3rd, 2003, 11:38 AM

Look at this site.

http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/index.html

We are going to PV for a week in February, and I personally want to go on the Rhythm of the Night and the San Sebastian flight. We are actually going for two weeks, spending the second in MC and Guadalajara. You might look at the Tlaquepaque/Tonala tour also.