Private guide for Lima and Cusco

Old Feb 8th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Private guide for Lima and Cusco

Can anyone recommend a private guide we can hire to take us around Lima and Cusco.Machu Picchu. We'd like someone who can speak English well and at the same time very knowledgeable with the place and history.
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 03:52 AM

I booked my trip through Lost World Adventures and we had a guide who was nothing short of perfect. His name is Holvar. The email address I had for him does not work. I will see if I can find his other contact information and will post it here in a day or so.
He received his university degree in tourism and he is remarkably well informed.
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 04:52 PM

Here are two possible contact points for Holvar Tito, who was an exceptional guide. I recommend him without reservation. I am still trying to find a mailing address for him.

[email protected]

Holvar Tito at Colegio de Licenciados en turismo del Peru.
Old Feb 9th, 2004, 07:34 PM
Original Poster

thanks cmcfong for the lead.

btw, just curious...when were you in Peru and what tours did you take with Holvar?
Old Feb 10th, 2004, 04:10 AM

I was in Peru in November 2003. Three friends and I booked our hotel and guide services through Lost World Adventures. We were in Lima, Cuzco, Aguas Calientes and Machu Picchu. The company has a guide and driver meet you at each destination. Holvar was our guide in Cuzco, Aguas Calientes (a pueblo from which the bus to MP departs). He took us on three day tours of the Sacred Valley and its sights as well as MP. He is charming, fluent in English (but very tolerant of my Spanish) and well versed in the history and architecture. I cannot recommend him highly enough. I am still trying to locate his mailing address so check the board in a day or two to see if I have had success.
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 04:14 AM

I have looked everywhere for Holvar's business card...no luck. The email I sent you will put you in touch with the Peruvian company which employs him. I meant to tell you in my earlier messages, we were the only people in our group. As I watched herds pass with a guide straining to talk above all the other guides and groups, I realized how very lucky we were to have it arranged as we did. Our per person package included in country flights, hotels,admissions to all sights, guide and driver services, and a couple of meals. It cost us about $1200 per person. Our guide was with us during the day and we had evenings free. The whole trip was arranged for us by Denise at Lost World Adventures.
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 10:43 AM

a private guide o Lima & Machupicchu can find it in the same place on your arrival. WWW.PERUTOURISTINFORMATION.COM
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 04:25 PM
tlc

I was in Peru last November with my husband and father-in-law. Our guide was Teobaldo Bastos Paucar. He was excellent. He guided us through the Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu and also Cusco. We had a different guide in Lima, but it was all through the same company - International Expeditions - Peruvian Odyssey. Teo was a superb guide - he even hiked a 10 mile segment of the Inca trail with us. His email is [email protected]. His address is:
Correo Central
Cusco - PERU

I'm not sure if that's enough information to get you in contact with him. Good luck on your trip - it will be amazing.
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 04:44 AM

Holber Tito Vizcarra
Colegio de Licenciados en Turismo del Peru
Consejo Regional Cusco
Lye 24915 - D.S. 012 - 90 ICTI/TUR
Heladeros 157 Ofc. 38
Cusco, Peru

This is the business card for Holvar. As I said, he his just terrific.