Reload this Page >

Please Review these Cancun Hotels for me

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2003, 08:00 AM
aburch78

These are the hotels I am considering for my July trip, if you have stayed at any of these can you please give me your reviews? Keep in mind I don't plan on spending a ton of time in the room and money is a concern, so for the price, what did you think of them. Is there a better comparable hotel you can recommen on Cancun Island, I don't care to stay downtown and I want to be on a beach. Thanks in advance for your help!<BR><BR>Fiesta Americana - Cancun<BR># of nights: 7<BR>2 Adults <BR>Total price: $942.92<BR><BR>Sheraton Cancun Resort &amp; Towers<BR># of nights: 7<BR>2 Adults <BR>Total price: $827.12<BR><BR>Gran Melia Cancun<BR># of nights: 7<BR>2 Adults <BR>Total price: $857.43<BR><BR>Flamingo Cancun Resort and Plaza<BR># of nights: 7<BR>2 Adults <BR>Total price: $661.70<BR>

Old Apr 8th, 2003, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd recommend the FAC.<BR>Travelocity was having a special last week on it - fourth night free.<BR>We are leaving for there 2 weeks from today.<BR>I researched the hotels thoroughly and picked it based on location and amenities. <BR>I've stayed at 5 others in Cancun that were quite a bit more expensive, but this will be a long trip, so cost was a concern for us also.
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 08:41 AM

I'm confused. Cancun isn't an island is it?
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 09:09 AM

Cancun is divided into downtown and the Zona Hotelera.<BR>The hotel zone is on what probably once was an island, but is connected to the mainland (whether naturally or man-made I do not know) by a narrow strip of land and is shaped like the number &quot;7&quot; with water on three sides and in between the hotel strip and the mainland.
Old Apr 8th, 2003, 09:37 AM
aburch78

Going to check out Travelocity right now, thanks!<BR><BR>I put Island because it seems they divide into a downtown and island area. Cancun Downtown and Cancun Island.

Old Apr 8th, 2003, 04:29 PM

If it is FA Coral Beach, it is by far the best. If Condessa it is still good. Grand Melia is huge and beautiful and I would skip the Sheraton seriously! So, FA GCB 1, Grand Melia 2 FA Condessa 3 and Sheraton 38.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 04:18 AM

Hi dougout, I think she/he is talking about the FA CUN. (There are 3 - Condesa, FAGCB and CUN.)I agree, the FAGCB is the nicest by far, but it is much more expensive than the other choices listed.
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 06:32 AM
aburch78

Gran Melia it is! Thanks so much for the recommendations. In the next coupld of weeks I am going to go ahead and book it. I'm so excited. Can any of you that stayed here or in the area recommend good places to eat, of all prices, or other things to do that are close by. We will probably only go on 2 excursions or tours and just lounge at the beach and explore the rest of the time.<BR><BR>I think I want to go to Chich�n-Itz� since we've already been to Tulum and I assume that will take all day. Or we may just do one of those ATV jungle tours and an eco-park.

Old Apr 9th, 2003, 06:57 AM

Breakfast - Bisquets Obregon, Captain's Cove, Iguna Wana<BR>Lunch - El Cejas, El Pescador, La Brisa, La Destileria, Los Almendros<BR>Dinner - La Habichuela, Labna, Sasha's, Maria Bonita, Lacanda Paolo<BR><BR>
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 09:22 AM

Hi<BR><BR>Maybe you can find some reviews here: http://www.epinions.com/lodg-Hotels-All-Mexico-Cancun<BR><BR>Regards<BR>Gard<BR>www.gardkarlsen.c om<BR>
Old Apr 9th, 2003, 12:05 PM
aburch78

Thanks Gard and everyone else. I've had really bad experiences on these boards in the past. It's good to see there are some helpful, nice people on here.

Old Apr 10th, 2003, 08:52 AM

Be sure to have dinner at Sasha's Bistro; it is extremely affordable and extremely good! Not to mention Sasha himself who is a very funny guy. It was one of our most enjoyable evenings in Cancun.