Please Help "Wedding in Mexico!"

Old May 27th, 2005, 10:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please Help "Wedding in Mexico!"

I am getting married May 2006 hopefully in Mexico. I have been researching everywhere. Riviera Maya looks nice, but there are so many hotels and I am running out of time I need to book now. We have about 50 or more people going so we want to keep the price reasonable. We want all inclusive, a nice wedding package for big groups, a beautiful beach and water, lots of pools and bars at the hotel, and big enough so everyone has privacy if they want. Fishing is a must. We will be staying down for almost 2 weeks. Please help
Old May 27th, 2005, 11:52 AM

the Riu Palace is very popular for weddings....
Old May 27th, 2005, 03:20 PM

The Golden Crown Paradise in Cancun is a very good and moderately priced all-inclusive resort that offers several different wedding packages. Possible drawbacks would be that it's an adults only resort and there is only one swimming pool.
Old May 28th, 2005, 06:24 AM
TC

We spend quite a bit of each winter in Cozumel. There are always beautiful weddings going on. Here are some web sites that might help you with ideas for your special day. May isn't considered high season in Mexico, so you should be able to have a great wedding with lots of room and privacy. Good luck and congratulations.

http://www.cozumelweddingplanner.com/

http://www.cozumelweddings.net/index.html
http://www.beachweddingscozumel.com/

http://www.grandcozumel.com/main/html/wedding.html

http://www.playa-azul.com/english/wedding.asp
Old May 29th, 2005, 07:18 PM

For a real Mexican wedding you could try Cabanas Maria del Mar on Isla Mujeres. My friends had their wedding there a couple of years ago and the owners of the hotel were wonderful. You have to start the process as soon as possible before going to Mexico.
An alternative would be any of the Royal Resorts in Cancun with Club Internacional de Cancun being the most charming. We're members there and the facilities are among the best and the employees all very competent, helpful and delightful.
Old May 30th, 2005, 03:53 AM

Try the El Dorado Royale Riviera Maya . also check tripadvisor. com for reviews they have good wedding packages.at the EDR
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 04:29 AM

The Palace Resorts have a special on a FREE wedding! If I were you I would check into it, the Aventura/Spa Palace would be a great pace to stay, if a of your guests are over 18 because it is adults only, if not then the 2nd choice for a wedding would be the Moon Palace. Here is a website to check out, there rates are realy good. www.get-me.to/cancun
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 05:30 AM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I really like Iberostar Hotels from what I see on the internet. I'm thinking about Iberostar Tucan but I heard they don't do group rates. the moon palace beach always looks bad when I see pictures. We want a great beach, food, drinks, service, and a laid back fun reception preferably outside or in an open air restaraunt with water views.Has anyone ever been to a wedding like this in Riviera Maya?
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 07:45 AM

Go to trip advisor.com someone just got married at the Royal Hideaway in Riviera Maya. Expensive but all inclusive and from what I have read the Best!!!! Good Luck!!!
Old Jul 21st, 2005, 07:08 AM

We are getting married at the Gran Palladium on December, 2005.

Everything I have read about this resort is amazing and believe me I checked out everything on all the resorts before we choose our wedding & honeymoon destination/location.
I have also spoken with many many other couples that have gotten married at the Palladium and the Riviera maya ALL have very positive things to say about this destination!
If you have not already selected your photographer may I suggest Peter and Jan van de Maele. Both came highly recommended to us. We are actually using both of them. www.d-eye-d.com, competitive and affordable prices
Make sure you book way ahead of time to ensure your dates!!
You can e-mail me if you have other questions, I have alot of information about on Playa Weddings.

Diana