Belize - Crystal Paradise

Jul 20th, 2005, 06:08 AM
Original Poster

Belize - Crystal Paradise

Am considering this location for 5 or 6 days in Feb 06. Not much info on this site for this lodge. Can anyone provide me more detail and personal experience at this property?

Patrick? I did print your trip report from Feb 05. If you pick up on this post, can you give me more detail of the property? Is it wooded, pasture, open land? I am thinking we would want Valley View room? How far from San Ignacio? ANything will help.

THanks
Jul 21st, 2005, 04:51 AM

The Valley View rooms overlook a pasture area that turns into woods- there are horses a few hundred feet away and an orange grove behind these rooms.You are not in a deep jungle. I didn't see the interior of the garden rooms but they have no view.The rooms are not fancy. It is under a 10 minute drive from San Ignacio- we took a cab one day for about ten dollars each way. You can walk about five minutes down the hill in front of the lodge and access the river- I think that you can get canoes there although we didn't. I don't think most people who stay here spend the day at the lodge- they go on day trips which are all on their website.One of the family's sons was the guide for Carocol and he was outstanding. Just ask if you have any other specifics.
Jul 21st, 2005, 06:03 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Patrick, I certainly appreciate your info.

Yes, I expect our days will be very full as we plan to visit several ruins, as well as a trip over to see Tikal. Still not sure if we will do a daytrip or an overnight for this portion?

We do enjoy a lodge that offers a gathering spot in the evening where everyone comes together to meet and chat about the days adventures. Will this be our experience if we choose Crystal?

Thanks again!
Jul 21st, 2005, 06:44 AM

People gathered for drinks before dinner and dinner was family style so you do share experiences with other people. Tikal would be a very long day trip and the road in Guatamala is very rough for a long time. I doubt that you would be able to say for sunset at Tikal on a day trip. We flew to Placencia from Tikal(Flores) and were at Roberts Grove by two in the afternoon. Feel free to ask more questions.
Jul 21st, 2005, 07:28 AM
Original Poster

Oh thanks, I really had not even considered flying from Flores to Placencia.