Search

playa grande

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
playa grande

a gorup of us are staying at a vaction rental called Costa Palmera in Playa Grande, just wanted to hear from someone who has stayed her-what did you think of this place and the management. Also just curiosu about activities we should plan to do in this area-we will be there in Feb
Old Jun 7th, 2005, 10:43 AM

I assume you mean the Playa Grande just north of Tamarindo?
Old Jun 7th, 2005, 03:44 PM
Original Poster

Yes you are correct-we are staying at the rental villa in playa grande near Tamarindo. Have you stayed at Costa Palmera? We are most interested in hearing peoples expereince with Palm Mgt., the broker who rents this property, but also looking for overall impressions of this particular property and the surrounding area
Old Jun 8th, 2005, 08:23 AM

We spent a week at the hotel Villa Baula which is on the southern end of Playa Grande, nearest the estuary across from Tamarindo. We found the beach itself to be pristine and beautiful, a great surfing beach. The hotel was great and we did notice a lot of individual residences that seemed to be available for rentals. There are some small stores and a few restaurants in the area. Tamarindo is a 10/15-min drive - you could maybe swim there faster from the hotel! The hotel website has a good list of activities they arrange for their guests and I am sure you could be included. I'm sorry I don't have any experience with your individual property mgt co. E-mail me if you want to hear more. Good luck and have fun!
Old Jun 8th, 2005, 12:35 PM

If Costa Palmera is in Palm Beach Estates, then you would be close to the estuary across from Tamarindo. There are some great bars and restaurants within walking distance although PB Estates is basically a residential area with just a few hotels. Bring flashlights for walks at night on the road. If you take a boat across to Tamarindo, remember they stop running at 4pm. Playa Grande beach is beautiful!