Playa del Carmen in November

Old Apr 21st, 2021, 01:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Playa del Carmen in November

We were not able to visit Playa last November but are planning to go this November during the Thanksgiving week. We are 6 adults and 5 grandkids. We had planned to stay at a house last November and would like to do that this November but wondering what you all recommend. Last November the beaches were closed except for the resorts. Does anyone know what is going on now with public beaches in Playa? Also, what about snorkeling, Xcaret , Coba, restaurants etc.
Thanks much,
Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 10:16 AM

hola~ You can check on the Trip Advisor destination forum for Playa del Carmen (if you haven't already). Those boards are much more active for Mexico than here on Fodor's.

Old Apr 22nd, 2021, 12:59 PM

The State of Quintana Roo is in yellow phase right now since March 1. Mexico has a stoplight system with each state being issued a color code from Red to Orange to Yellow to Green. This means at present hotels and restaurants can have up to 60% normal occupancy. Beaches are open with distancing. Masks are required. November is 6 months away, who knows what it will be like then. I agree with Suze about checking the TA forums.

I would look for 2-3 condos rather than try and stuff 11 people into one dwelling.

For snorkeling, try Akumal (in fact, check out condos on Half Moon Bay) or Puerto Morelos.