Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

PV Activities while staying at Grand Fiesta Americana

Old Apr 23rd, 2021, 10:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for some recommendations for water related activities (fishing, snorkeling exploring) while staying at the Grand Fiesta Americana in Puerta Vallarta. Any and I all info. welcomed. Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 26th, 2021, 07:43 PM

I invite you over to the Puerto Vallarta forum on Trip Advisor. There is an active, and large group of posters and PV lovers there. I'd help you out myself, as I love Vallarta and usually go once or twice a year, but have not been since Covid struck and more importantly to this question am not much of a water person (seasick ) suze
Old Apr 27th, 2021, 08:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
We have never done any water activities in PV, but enjoyed Rhythms of the Night at Las Caletas and zip lining with Los Veranos. Las Caletas can also be done as a day trip.
Old May 4th, 2021, 08:37 AM

We used this outfit for their birdwatching (Desembocada and Ameca) but they have a variety of excursions. We were happy with their service and guides. I think you have to make your own way to their offices, which are in the Marina Vallarta.

https://www.ecotoursvallarta.com/

Last edited by mlgb; May 4th, 2021 at 08:39 AM.
Old May 4th, 2021, 12:40 PM

Last trip I took via water was a sailboat tour to Yelapa with Pegaso Charters. I'd been to Yelapa years before and just wanted a revisit. it was a nice small boat tour with myself,, two couples from a Carnival Cruise and the skipper and mate.We had snacks en route, a snorkel stop, lunch on the beach (choice of 3 entrees) and the return (wind and time permitting they will raise the sails).

For a non-water related tour, I enjoyed the trip to San Blas with a stop at a crocodile farm and lunch at a restaurant on a beach.