Search

Peace Lodge?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peace Lodge?

We are thinking of staying there our last 2 or 3 nights. We will be traveling with our 2 young kids--5 years old and 15 months old.

What are your thoughts about peace Lodge? I've heard it's a bit contrived, but very nice and great for kids.

Has anyone stayed there?
Old Feb 16th, 2007, 01:01 PM

Hmmmm. I don't really think of it as a place for kids -- maybe for a day trip but not for 2 - 3 nights. It's more of a honeymoon or romantic place as far as the rooms go. The kids will like the butterfly house, hummingbirds, and the walk to the waterfalls, but that can all be done in a few hours.

Sandy
Old Feb 16th, 2007, 01:29 PM

Call us crazy, but we're spending a couple of nights there with a 2 year old (our granddaughter) in July. We think it will be a great place to just chill for a couple of days and let her enjoy the beautiful La Paz environs!
Old Feb 16th, 2007, 07:25 PM

Peace Lodge is a perfect place for children. There are so many wonderful things for them to do during the day (butterfly gardens, hummingbirds, small pool). Your 5 year old will have a fabulous time since he will be able to hike with you to the waterfalls. I'm not sure, however, how you would manage the hike with your little one. He would definitely not be able to hike down those steep steps/trails. Perhaps a back-pack for him if he's not too heavy?

Just a couple of random thoughts: The grounds are spectacular and the rooms beautiful. The wooden floors are VERY slippery and the dinner restaurant upstairs was extrememly overpriced and nasty tasting when I was there, but it's been some time now. Things may have changed.

The Peace Lodge is one of the few hotels I've visited where I would return and break my self-imposed rule of "always a new place."
Old Feb 17th, 2007, 02:45 AM

I agree with Sandyc.
It is a bit "overdone" for my tastes. Was nice to see it, but I would think of it more of a honeymoon place
Old Feb 17th, 2007, 04:43 AM

Well for my 4th trip I've finally decided to just go and stay at the place myself as the comments are all over the place on PL. I do admit that my reason for going is about 90% for the facilities there (trails, hummingbirds, frogs, waterfalls) than the rooms, but the rooms look really interesting to say the least. I don't know about families but I know I did have to clarify three different times with reservations that I was staying there alone, lol.