Notices

Paradisus Riviera- Mayan coast

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 08:53 AM
margo

Paradisus Riviera- Mayan coast

Planning on a vacation end of the year and this is one of our choices. Has anyone been here? Food, lodgings, beach and in general is it as nice as the books show.

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Ron

Hi Margo,

I'll be staying at the Paradisus for 5 nights in November. I've read a lot of reports and done a lot of research on the resort. From the information I've obtained, the resort is supposed to be very beautiful. Food is supposed to be very good, especially at the Frech and Japaneese restaurants. The main pool is supposed to be great as well.

The only negative I've heard was regarding the beach. The sand is supposed to be nice and white, however, the water isn't as clear as the water in the cancun hotel zone and further south in Playa. However, my feeling is since its still the carribean, how bad could the water actually be.

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 11:17 AM
kam

I too have booked the Paradisus for November. Check out the following website for reviews of many resorts in the area.

http://www.ramproductions.com/survey/showme.asp?locid=72

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 11:19 AM
Ron

Hi Kam,

When will you be there in November. We will be there from November 19th-23rd.

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 01:00 PM
Rob

Ron has pretty well hit it on the head.We were there in February and found it very nice. The food was excellent and so were the rooms. Even the buffet was quite good. They always had live music when eating....even breakfast. Again , the only negative was the beach...when we were there there was only 1 or 2 days that had a green flag...but then again the weather for the whole week was rather crappy!
I would highly recommend this resort.