paradisus playa conchal

Old Mar 28th, 2006, 07:18 AM
Original Poster

paradisus playa conchal

Hi Everyone
I know alot of you travel all over costa rica but I wondered if any of you were at the paradisus in the last few weeks. My husband and I are going in a few weeks and had heard about the construction and just wanted to know if the pool, rooms, beach were too noisy or ok. I also like the info everyone has sent on the tours. We want to take the Buena Vista tour and I wondered how steep the water slide was. I am afraid of heights but want to try that tour anyway. Thanks for the info in advance. Candagal
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 02:57 AM

Hi canadagal,
Haven't been to Paradisus since last July, but it is a lovely place. If the construction is in the condo area, it is far removed from the hotel area. Not sure.

As for the water slide, it was a blast. It's not that it is so steep, it's just that it is long and the water washes you down very fast! You'll put on a helmet, get in position, then someone behind you will release a LOT of cold water from a holding tank and you will be off! Quite a rush and screams are always in order. It was a ton of fun and lasts a good long while! Enjoy!
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 07:23 AM

We were just there and checked out after 1 night. As far as the const. you can hear it and it starts about 6:00 am and goes until about 8opm. WE felt the resort was way over priced 1300 per night for 2adults and 3 child.Our room was about 2 blks from the beach and the food was very avg.We left and found a hotel in Tamorindo.
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 03:22 PM
Original Poster

Thanks so much for the replies. We had booked with Air Canada vacations so we aren't paying as much as you did for the rooms. That does seem steep.
Old Apr 14th, 2006, 06:02 PM

Ohh Tsteffens - i wish i heeded your advice - We also lasted only 1 night out of a planned 3. Although many people seemed to enjoy it, we did not. It seems odd to pay over $600 to stay in a place that appeared to be a Florida retirement community with free drinks. It really felt like we were in Florida and not Costa Rica. Add on bad food, weak drinks, and apparently when we were in our "suite" we were provided with bionic hearing that allowed us to hear everything from the next door suite, including all night coughing and we were out of there. Again, some may like it but we were so much better off in Tamarindo where we stayed at Jardin del Eden and had a much more down to earth experience.
Old May 4th, 2006, 03:59 AM
Original Poster

I just got back from the Paradisus and loved it. I am glad that I never took people's advice as it was great. The food was great. They were eager to please you and the noise wasn't a problem from where we stayed. We did a lot of tours so were gone from the hotel during the day quite a bit. The TAM tour company did a good job and even with the roads being poor I didn't mind too much because it was interesting to hear what the guides had to say as you toured the countryside. We didn't take the kids but my husband was saying by the end of the trip that he would like to back with them. I would probably split it next time and spend a few days in the Arenal volcano region as it seemed to be too long to do that this trip. We did the Palo Verde National Park tour and I did the Buena Vista Canapy tour and then we did a Sunset Cruise and the Monkey Park tour as well. My husband even did the golf course there and even though it was expensive said he couldn't not do it. All and all I loved the vacation and my only real complaint was the lack of organization at the airport (Liberia). Canadagal