Packing for Cabo

Old Jan 1st, 2011, 01:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Packing for Cabo

Hello,

I'm taking a company trip to Cabo San Lucas with my fiance in early February and am not sure what to pack. I had been envisioning swimsuits and sundresses, but have seen on several websites that it is actually pretty cool in February. My fiance, who has been to Cabo before, is assuring me that I only need to pack warm weather clothes but I'm not convinced! Any advice would be much appreciated!
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 01:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Bring some sort of light sweater for the evenings. It is still winter, although not like here up north!!

Have fun!!
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 05:58 PM

Definitely bring a couple sweaters for the evenings.
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 07:23 PM

My trip to Cabo was in February. Daytime I wore shorts, tank top, swim suits, sandals. In the evenings I wore capris, cotton tops, and a lightweight linen jacket. Not like it's freezing or anything, but lots of the restaurants are outdoor patio seating and I found it to be a little bit cool sitting outside after the sun goes down. Not like you need to pack a lot of extra stuff, just whatever you wear down on the plane (lightweight cardigan, hoodie, or jacket) will do the trick.
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 09:10 AM

Hi !
We too are taking a company trip to Cabo San Lucas in early feb ( two days, to be exact!) I have also been wondering what to pack. I have been to both Cabo and cancun before- but never in february. I would suggest that you pack a few lighter long sleeve shirts, maybe one heavier one, pants , capris shorts and short sleeve tops. Warm days, cooler evenings... Definitely bring a bathing suit! Pools are heated and it should be in the 70's. Wonder if we are going on the same trip! Have a good and safe trip
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 07:07 PM

I love spaghetti strap long dresses (w/ cardigan in evening) for winter months -- they're easy to dress up or down. Good coverage from any chill but still feels and looks right for the trip -- and very comfortable. I sorta resent wearing pants when I'm on a beach vacation
Old Feb 1st, 2011, 10:49 PM

I agree, because there is a contrast of very warm days and cooler nights - light pants, long dresses and light sweaters work at night. The days can be warm, even hot - which I think you feel kind of colder at nights after "baking" all day. Such a nice place to be in February, Enjoy!
Old Feb 2nd, 2011, 06:23 AM

I agree sundresses are both practical and pretty (but they just aren't my style). I wear linen capri pants or a short knit skirt in the evenings myself.
Old Oct 18th, 2012, 01:54 PM

We have been in Cabo four times in last two years-November and March. The nights can be very cold--freezing even--and the wind is very stiff and cold most places. A windbreaker, warm sweater over a light top works as long as the top or sweater cover your chest up to your neck--I was freezing in a two piece warm sweater with a v-neck one year. Covering my chest was essential for me. This trip I made sure all my shells and light tops cover me up in front, and I am bringing a fleece jacket that also covers me up in front, and also a windbreaker zip jacket and a short windbreaker coat with hood. I am from Minnesota, so I am used to cold weather. This was very cold weather. check the historical weather data and you will find 32-42 degrees F at night is common for most months. Velour is another good option. Even need a heavier pant for night--I am bringing one dress pant, and one long skirt for evening. Last March I actually wore a pair of knit pants under my long knit skirt one evening and felt very comfortable. Almost all of the restaurants and activities at our resort are open air at night.