Search

Weather and Clothes to Pack

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weather and Clothes to Pack

We are leaving for Costa Rica in a week and the weather shows it will be raining the whole time. I posts on this board that said to not worry too much about this since the rain comes and goes.

So I was wondering what to pack in terms of actual clothing. Not so much the other stuff. For example - for hanging bridges, canopy tours - is it best to wear long pants and long shirts? or Short and tShirts? In the evenings - can you wear skirt and flip flops - or does it get cold??

The following is where we are going anc activities we are doing - any help for attire would be greatly appreciated.

- San Jose - city tour
- POAS, La Paz- tour
- La Fortuna - Volcano hike, hanging bridges
- Monteverde - Hanging Bridges, Canopy Tour

Old Nov 26th, 2007, 07:41 AM

The areas where you are going can get cool at night; we wore long sleeves and long pants in the evening. During the day, we were fine with tanks/short sleeves and capri pants. You will not want to wear shorts on the ziplines because they can ride up - need something with a little more coverage.
Old Nov 26th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

Ok, how about the hanging bridges and hiking? Same thing - long pants and long sleeve shirts?

So it seems like we don't even need to really pack shorts? How about t-shirts?

Also, do we need to pack sweaters for the evening - or would a track jacket work?
Old Nov 26th, 2007, 08:36 AM

Yes, definitely t-shirts would be good. Probably just need one lightweight sweater or jacket for the evenings. It doesn't really get cold, but it does get nice and cool at night. I was comfortable in lightweight capris and cropped pants for hiking during the day, but you could throw in some shorts. The temps during the day were just nice and moderate. We wore shorts a lot in Manuel Antonio - that area was really hot and humid.

I remember seeing a temperature gauge at the Peace Lodge in La Paz, and it said 68 in the late afternoon/early evening if that gives you an idea of what to expect.
Old Nov 26th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Original Poster

great - thank you so much for replying.
Old Nov 26th, 2007, 09:37 AM

You're welcome, lt - one other thing we packed that came in handy was one of those really lightweight ponchos that folds up into a little square - you can get them at places like REI or even Target. If there's rain in the forecast, it would come in handy for you. Have fun!
Old Nov 26th, 2007, 09:56 AM

volcanogirl........how about the temps during the day at Trogon Lodge which is really high up?. We will be there for two nights and then on to Dominical where clothes for warm weather will be the code. We are leaving in two days and I think I read that it is rather cold up there.
Old Nov 26th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Original Poster

thanks again volcanogirl - yeah we had planned on taking ponchos as well since they are lightweight. We have to start packing soon - this is getting exciting!
Old Nov 26th, 2007, 12:48 PM

At Trogon Lodge expect daytime highs of about 70 degrees f, and nighttime lows of about 40 degrees f.

Definitely sweater /jacket weather especially in the early mornings.

Jerry