Nuevo Vallarta

Jan 3rd, 2018, 04:43 PM
Original Poster

Nuevo Vallarta

Okay....I posted a couple of days ago in regards to Mazatlan vs Cabo. After careful consideration of the comments we are taking the advice and changing it up. Thinking now of Puerto Vallarta/Nuevo Vallarta. We need suggestions of all inclusives. Pools very important and good food. We will lay in the sun, read, walk the beach, swim in the pools and at night go to the disco. (Mom and her 19 year old daughter. LOL). We will shop one day in Puerto Vallarta (take a cab or bus?) and then one day walk the beach and head to Buciera (Can't remember actual name). I hear snorkeling isn't good so probably won't do that.

Looking at Riu Jalisco in Nuevo Vallarta. Would love to know other great places.
Jan 4th, 2018, 09:31 AM

I love Puerto Vallarta and go twice a year (and suggested it to you on your other thread).

But I always stay in Zona Romantica ("the southside").

Sorry don't know anything except what I've read on forums about the mega-resorts out in Nuevo Vallarta.

For your one day in town I can help you with transportation, shopping, and restaurants when you want to plan that out.

Bucerias (is the name )

Use these excellent maps and website for planning:
www.vallartainfo.com
Jan 4th, 2018, 10:10 AM

It is called Bucerias, a small city north of PV and you are right in saying that there is no snorkeling in those waters, it is hard to see your feet let alone any kind of sea life...That said, there are many fine restaurants in the so called Zona Dorado and the Central areas. A one day venture from your hotel.
You are also correct in staying in an AI if you want to swim and enjoy what these complexes offer. The Centro area in PV and the Zona romantic a are also sought out for good food and walking the malecon. If you wish to get away from all the noise and pollution, I would suggest you take a day trip to Sayulita and also Rincon de Guayabitos...an easy inexpensive getaway from the city frenzy !
Jan 4th, 2018, 10:21 AM

They are staying out in Nuevo Vallarta. What "city frenzy" are you talking about?
Jan 4th, 2018, 10:45 AM

« Sorry don’t know anything except what I’ve read on forums about the Mega -resorts out in Nuevo Vallarta. « 

I believe that would explain it Suze... !!!
Jan 4th, 2018, 11:02 AM

So you are trying to tell this person there is a "city frenzy" at the resorts out in Nuevo?
Jan 6th, 2018, 07:27 AM

Rohelio. They had and may still be having some serious pollution problems in Sayulita.
Jan 6th, 2018, 09:49 AM

Good point cabron... We got here on Nov. 1st and since then have been to Sayulita on 3 different occasions. Having read on this last year, we were a little apprehensive about going out there but must admit that on all 3 visits ( by ourselves and with friends) we did not detect, or hear or encounter any problem whatsoever. We had lunch on the beach on all occasions and the place is always crowded!...