Cheap trip to either Puerto Vallarta or Los Cabos

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trying to find the best affordable trip to either Puerto Vallarta or Los Cabos in Mexico. I've been to Puerto Vallarta and had a great time but I want to go back to mexico and Im having a hard time trying to decide which city location would be most economical? My resources are tight right now and I really want to go on vacation and Mexico being the cheapest is where I have my heart set on unless you good folks have oher suggestions . But main question is which city would be the cheaper city to visit? I heard that Los Cabos can get pretty pricey especially since lots of celibrities frequent there. Any suggests would be appreciated. thanks
Old Jan 13th, 2006, 01:46 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Puerto Vallarta is definitely cheaper! You can still find simple hotel rooms there for $25-50USD. Also food is more economical. You can easily get around on public transportation.

Part of this is a function that most everything on the Baja has to be imported while on the mainland more things are produced.

Part that Cabo is smaller and aimed at tourist vacation dollars, where PV is a regular working town (pop. 250,000) in addition to attracting both Mexican and foreign visitors.
Old Jan 13th, 2006, 06:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Dear coco:

I agree with Suze. PV is less expensive than Cabo. Even shopping for souvineers is less expensive(for the same items) in PV. PV seems to have more midrange to less expensive choices for lodging.

Have a great trip.

MY
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 08:48 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I know I already had my say above, but it's truly no contest that PV is the cheaper destination. I can't imagine anyone would have a differing opinion on this particular question ;-)

Puerto Vallarta has posh places but it also has lots of funky fun cheap stuff (hotels, restaurants, etc.).
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ditto Suze. Cabo is strictly tourist and so much smaller. Plus not as pretty because PV has the lush green background. You really can get good bargains in hotels in PV Old town. You won't see those celebrities where you are going, and I am not being mean, cause I am going in April and I am sure they wont be anywhere near the Presidente Intercontinental. (I am only going to Cabo because of a hotel plan we bought into- then it's back to PV.) At least in PV you can walk around many many places and see so many things, explore new areas, and enjoy free entertainment on the Malecon. So much more to do in PV and its all FREE!