Search

Nuevo or Puerto

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11th, 2005, 07:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nuevo or Puerto

does it make a big differance if we stay in nuevo or puerto, i want to visit downtown, and be close to all the night life. is it going to make a big differance where we stay?
Old Sep 11th, 2005, 08:05 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Yes, it makes a huge difference! Most of the resorts in Nuevo are 45 mins. to 1 hour -each way- drive, bus, shuttle or taxi from downtown PV. So people staying out in Nuevo most stick to their resorts, or go north to the smaller town of Bucerias.

If you want to spent more than a day trip in downtown and certainly if you want to be close to the night life, I highly recommend you stay in or near town.

There's The Marina, The Hotel Zone, El Centro, Zona Romantica, etc. which are all central neighborhoods with nice places to stay in each.
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 06:11 AM

As usual I agree w/Suze definitely Puerto Vallarta everything is there. On vacation you don't want to be traveling back and forth 45 mins each way. Stay close to town. I recommend the Marriott, Fiesta Americana or the Sheraton. Go to trip advisor.com and check them out.
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 06:59 AM

Couldn't agree more.

Aside from the big Pain-in-the-Tookus factor, Nuevo tends to be more ho-hum AI timeshare resorts with no really top-notch hotels and no real boutique properties. The more interesting places to stay are in Puerto Vallarta.

Being in Puerto Vallarta also means being close to a HUGE variety of really GOOD restaurants --- most quite affordable.

Have fun!
Mark
www.tiogringo.com
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 09:39 AM

another vote for Puerto!
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 11:38 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
The only situation I'd recommend Nuevo is for a family or couple who just want a decent resort on a beach to kick back and relax for a week, maybe take an organized tour or two.

Stay nearer town if you are interested in exploring in El Centro, strolling the Malecon, seeing local culture and people, taking advantage of a full range of activites and tours, being easy taxi or walking distance to art galleries, shops, and restaurants... all of which I believe is what makes Puerto Vallarta so special and beautiful.