Non tourist beach in December

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29th, 2016, 10:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to go to a non-touristy beach in the Maya riviera in December. Any suggestions? I'm also hoping to get some good scuba diving in. Thanks!
Old Nov 29th, 2016, 10:48 AM

The entire coast is touristy, and my friends who dive mostly go to Cozumel. You might try Puerto Morelos, couple of dive shops, Wet Set and Diving Dog Tours. Not as busy as some of the other more well known towns. For really off the beaten track take a look at Paamul, small hamlet just south of PDC, ten cabinas, ten hotel rooms, pool, one restaurant, one bar and a dive shop. You would need a car to stay there.
Old Nov 30th, 2016, 04:52 AM

Agree with jamie. There generally should be less people in P Morelos. The diving fees are also less costly than Cozumel.
When in December are you going? They'll be lots of tourists around the holidays but the rest of December shouldn't be too bad.
Old Nov 30th, 2016, 05:15 AM

Yes, have been to Puerto Morelos and Paamul also.
Old Dec 2nd, 2016, 06:09 AM

So you are not tourists?
Old Dec 2nd, 2016, 01:24 PM

Xcacel beach is a turtle sanctuary renown for it's pristine beaches and crystal clear waters. Few people go there because it is not all that well known. You need a car as it is off the 307 past Puerto Aventuras, on your left as you head south towards Tulum. You need to bring your own food and beverage and also need to take back your garbage. This is a non smoking beach, believe it or not. A small fee is required at the entrance as they give you the dos and donts. It is also right next to the cenote called Xcacelito. Closing time is around 4.00 pm. This used to be a known to locals and is now unfortunately getting more and more popular. I feel bad about writing this as it used to be a poorly kept secret but as with everything now in the Riviera, you cannot hold back progress.
Old Dec 3rd, 2016, 06:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you want "less touristy" and good diving, consider going further south to Belize. Great diving there.