Search

Need Ipanema help

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2003, 04:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Ipanema help

I've read all of the Ipanema posts but I still have a few questions I hope someone can help with.
1) Is it possible for 2 adults and 2 teenagers to stay in the same room? All of the hotels appear to go up to triple only.
2) What have you found is the best way to make a hotel reservation? I'm from New Mexico and we don't have any travel agencies that specialize in Brazil. I've called travel agencies in L.A., Miami, and NY, and they haven't returned my call.
3) What is the best hotel close to the Caesar Park that is more reasonable than $300 a night?
4) Why is Ipanema so expensive?? We're staying 4 nights in Dec. and it will apparently cost as much as 10 nights in Buenos Aires (I already have that hotel booked...in a great area!)
Thanks so much for any help!
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 05:39 AM

With so many people you may want to look into an Apart-Hotel. I would imagine that 3 people in a room is because they would give you 2 single beds and a pull out bed but some hotel should be able to accomodate you. Two hotels near Ceaser park woul be The Sol Ipanema and the Praia Ipanema. Yo also may want to look at the Ipanema Plaza which is a newer hotel but one block off the beach but on a real nice street. Also take a look at the ocean front hotels in Leblon which is right next to Ipanema very close you may fin something you like there too. You can make reservations at these sites:
www.blameitonrio4travel.com
www.ipanema.com

Ipanema is a more upper scale neighborhood in Rio so you will pay more but you will pay the most at Ceaser Park. There is also 2 resort hotels a little outside Ipanema the Sheraton and the intercontinental.
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 05:31 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply. Would you recommend staying all 4 nights in Rio or splitting it up with a couple of nights in Buzios? Can you recommend an apart-hotel in Rio?
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 06:25 PM

You can do that spend 2 nights in Buzios, Rio is a great place but I don't swim at the beach there. Buzios has better clean beaches plus its a great little place. Take a look at those sites and see if you can pick an apart-hotel or maybe someone on this site can jump in and lend their experience on an apart-hotel. I will look myself and see what I can come up with in the next couple of days. I usually stay in an apartment or hotel.

Take a look at www.gringomanagement.com he has 2 bedroom apartments in Copacabana that would be perfect for you and I have other sites with really nice apartments in Ipanema but I would have to post them at another time. You still have time for December if its not New Years time because it is not at the height of the season yet.
Old Aug 29th, 2003, 06:28 PM

I just ran across this hotel in Ipanema, it might be for you
http://www.accorhotels.com.br/