Need Help re: Trip to Brazil

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2005, 10:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I would like to travel to Brazil in April, 2006. We plan to spend 9 days there. This will be our first time in Brazil. Could you please recommend what to see (aside from Rio)? What kind of adventures trips to take? Currently, I need to book a flight and I don’t know if I should make a roundtrip from Los Angeles to Rio, or should I book a flight to Rio and a return flight from another city?
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated…

Natasha
Old Jun 17th, 2005, 06:00 AM

Hi, I am a Brazilian living in Philly. If you are going to stay only 9 days in Brazil, I will recommend you to stay around Rio. You could go to Cabo Frio, Buzios which are lovely beach town. You could also travel on the "Rio-Santos Road". It is just beautiful. It runs along the coast, the scenery is fantastic and along this road there great beaches and waterfalls. It ends in Santos near S.Paulo, but you do not have to go up to there. I will definately suggest you to go to Parati. It is a very charming colonial town. I see if I find some websites to give you more info and then I will advise you. There a famous place near Rio called Angra dos Reis. The town itself is not very nice (I have heard) but the islands around it are very nice. It is better to rent a car to do it but, the Rio-Santos is a good road (the last I travelled from Santos, though I did not get to Rio) the road was fine. Just be aware that driving in Rio can be a bit tricky. If do not your way around, you may end up in some bad neighborhoods. If you need more info you can write at [email protected]
Old Jun 17th, 2005, 06:09 AM

Hi, me again. Have a look at this website: http://www.ilhagrande.com.ar/?sel_lang=en
Ilha Grande used to house a prison, therefore for many years it was off limits.
http://www.paraty.com.br/iindex.asp

http://www.cities-in-brazil.com/rio-.../cabo-frio.php
Old Jun 17th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Original Poster

Alet,

Thank you so very much for your response. May I please email you directly with more questions?

Natasha
Old Jun 20th, 2005, 05:11 AM

sure, you can!