Reload this Page >

Mexico in July...are we insane?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 03:06 PM
jojones

Getting married in mid-July, and my husband-to-be and I really love the idea of a Mexico honeymoon. Is it really that bad in July? Too hot? Too crowded? We were thinking Zihua/Ixtapa or Playa del Carmen, maybe even the new 4 Seasons at Punta Mita. Would love input from someone who's been during July. Thanks!

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 04:23 PM
HOT

Hot, humid, hot, humid, more hot, more humid. If you don't mind being hot and sweaty your entire trip, then go for it.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 05:44 PM
Chris

Does it have to be the beach. MExico City and the colonial cities such as San Miguel Allende, Guanajuato are situated at high altitudes and are very pleasant...temperatures in mid 20's during day and cooler at night. It does rain but generally for a short time only. Lots of great stuff to see;some very romantic places to stay.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 07:06 AM
Sandy

First of all, congratulations on your upcoming wedding!<BR><BR>No, you are not crazy to think about a July honeymoon in Mexico. We've been to the Playa Del Carmen area twice, once in December and once in July. We really preferred it in July because of the warmth. For one thing, the pools were MUCH warmer in July. In December, they were freezing - remember, they aren't heated, and there are lots of cloudy days (or probably better said, lots of rolling cloud patterns that blow by all day long) during December that make it difficult for the pools to get enough sun to warm up). <BR><BR>Yes, it CAN be hot and humid in July, and we experienced that when we shopped in Playa one afternoon. But it was our own fault for going into town in the afternoon and not the morning. We should have spent that afternoon at the beach or the pool, and shopped earlier that day. If you do go to the Yucatan peninsula and decide to go inland for tours, it will be hot as well - take along LOTS of water to keep hydrated. <BR><BR>If you're by the beach or the pool, you can jump in and get cool in no time. Additionally, the summer nights are wonderful - just the right temperature.<BR><BR>We loved it so much in July that we're planning to go back to Playa this next summer (again, in July!).<BR><BR>If you have any more quesions, please feel free to post them.<BR><BR>Sandy

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 08:00 AM
leslie

congratulations! we were just in akumal this past july and i did not think it was too hot. once you leave the coast it does get a bit warm but if you stay on the coast it will be perfect.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 10:42 AM
Mandy

Congratulations! We have always gone to Cancun/Playa area in late June to middle of July. I like it hot. Do your touring/shopping things in the morning and lounge around by the beach or pool in the afternoon, then back out in the evening. Not too bad that way.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 11:55 AM
D

Have done Huatulco in July. It was very hot, but we had a nice hotel with AC and a pool for the evenings, and during the days we were at the beach swimming, or eating, drinking, reading, etc. under palapas. It was great. At this time there were zero tourists, but many Mexicans on vacation. Overall it was very pleasant.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 02:15 PM
sue

i don't think it the heat. its the humidity. went to akumal last august, never again. ever my pics when i got them developed where blurry from the humidity. carry a towel with you!

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 03:40 PM
do

Stay in the pool with an umbrella drink and you'll be fine. Play outdoors from 8-12 &amp; 4-dusk. 12-4 &amp; dusk -8, I'll leave that up 2U2!!<BR><BR>Have a great time!