Search

Mexico City Habita Hotel?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9th, 2003, 03:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mexico City Habita Hotel?

I will be going to Mexico City for vacation in December and was wondering if anyone could recommend a great hotel. I have heard that the Habita Hotel and the Four Seasons are great. Any recommendations on either?
Thanks!
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 05:54 AM

I do not know the Habitat but recently stayed at the Four Sesons, it is indeed a beautiful hotel. Location is very nice at the edge of the Chaputepelc park , we walked to the
Museo Nacional de Arqueologia.
During the week ends ( Saturday and Sunday) they offer two different tours,one each day, only for guests of the hotel which are great. Sometime ago they were complimentary but now there is a $15 dollars charge per person plus tax.
The concierge recommends to take always their own cars, but we find this way too expensive, like the fare to take us to the Zocalo was, I believe, aprox. 25 dollars
while we did it in a perfectly safe radio taxi for three times less.
On the whole it is a pleasure to be there, rooms face a lovely inner court and there is a pool and gym in the third floor.
As in all Four Seasons personel is very friendly and polite.
have a great time.
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 09:35 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Graziella!
I heard from a local that the Habita Hotel was suppose to be hip and trendy. Did you by chance see the Las Casona hotel in the Zona Rosa area? I here that is pretty nice too. If I don't hear from anyone else than I probably will stay at the Four Seasons.
Thanks again!
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 11:04 AM

Hi Sherry , I also heard that the Habitat was hip, haven't seen it nor the Casona. Guess you cannot go wrong with the Four Seasons .
It is not huge, which I found nice.
Nothing comes inexpensive inside the hotel but surely it is a very good hotel.
If you wish to eat excellent sea food / fish try the Centro Gallego , Colima 194
in Colonia Roma. Mostly locals. Good luck.
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 07:30 PM

One other possibility is the new W hotel, it just opened last month. The bar was hopping when I drove by on Friday night. It is in the "hotel zone" in Polanco, with lots of shopping and restaurants within walking distance.
Old Nov 11th, 2003, 12:31 PM

I stayed at The Four Seasons for a weekend getaway in July. Fantastic hotel. It's tastefully done and the courtyard adds a nice touch. The spa there is also first-rate.

I had drinks at the open air bar at the Habita Hotel. It's a cool scene, very much on par with a good NYC lounge. Not sure on the hotel itself.

Good luck.