Search

Mexico City

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2003, 07:11 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mexico City

Which hotel would you select and why? The Camino Real or The Presidente Intercontinental?
Old Feb 7th, 2003, 04:34 AM

IMHO the Camino Real is the only choice. Great location near the entrance to Chapultepec Park, and a short walk to the metro make it very convenient. The hotel is beautiful, the staff excellent and the service is fantastic. All of the restaurants are wonderful. <BR>CR offers a package called More Mexico for less. Your third or fourth night is free. If you upgrade to a &quot;Club&quot; level room a great breakfast buffet and evening martini hour is included. Check out their website and book directly with them. We have stayed at CR hotels in eight different cities and never had a bad experience. Eme if you would like more information.
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 02:11 PM
Original Poster

Earl, thanks for answering my question. I was leaning towards the Camino Real as our choice. Was good to have your input.<BR><BR>Also, glad to hear the metro is a short walk from CR. Other than taking normal safety precautions (as you would in any major city), is the metro a good way to get around the city? I noticed it even goes as far as Xochimilco.
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 08:16 PM
fer

I live in Mexico City. I consider both very good hotels. On one hand CR is a beautiful building, with many good restaurants and close to the metro station. PI on the other hand is not as spectacular as CR, but the surrounding areas is much nicer than CR. You can easily walk to the Polanco Park with many restaurants and boutiques in a fancy zone and to the museum area which is halfway between CR and PI.<BR>The metro does not go all the way to Xochimilco, it is the tren ligero (trolley) which i do not recomend. I would suggest a cab to El Embaracadero de Nativitas. There you can hire a trajinera to sail along the canales.
Old Feb 10th, 2003, 08:18 PM
fer

I forgot. In front of the PI is the Auditorio metro station, just across Reforma Avenue.