Search

Malabia House in BA?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Malabia House in BA?

Has anyone stayed at the Malabia House? It hasn't gotten too many reviews on tripadvisor and other websites. We generally like to stay in smaller hotels or B&Bs when we travel, and this one caught my eye.
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 02:48 PM
dona

We stayed in Malabia House for 4 nights in December and enjoyed it very much. We stayed in a room in the front with a small balcony. The room was a nice size and very comfortable. The bathroom was private, but outside of the room and small. They had a nice breakfast and young staff who were very helpfu with advice on places to go and see. We loved the neighborhood.

Old Mar 13th, 2005, 04:14 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your help. Do you remember how far of a walk was it from Recoleta? Thanks again.
Old Mar 14th, 2005, 05:18 AM
dona

A long one! We walked it once and it was a good 30 minutes or so and that was walking relatively fast. Cabs are very cheap though. It's a short cab ride for about $2-3.
If you're looking for a small place with charm as opposed to a large hotel, you'll love Malabia House.

Old Mar 30th, 2005, 12:13 PM

We stayed at the Malabia House last May for 3 nights. It is wonderful! When we return to BA, we will definitely stay there again. Malabia House is located in Palermo Viejo, which in my opinion is the best neighborhood to stay in. Great restaurants and a hip atmosphere.
Old Mar 30th, 2005, 03:10 PM

Stayed here about five years ago when the peso was still pegged to the dollar and it was very affordable even then. It is about a ten block walk to the metro where you can get closer to the Recoleta. The area near the Malabia House is Palmero Viejo- I believe- and it has more soul thean Recoleta. There are many good restaurants and boutiques nearby. It is kind of a arty area- like Nojo in NYC. The accomodations were fine,quiet and the staff were very helpful and nice. We stayed a week. Yes it is more fun to stay in a small place and I would highly recommend the Malabia House. Don't miss Iguasu Falls on your trip- have to book way ahead and of course fly thre from BA.
Old Apr 1st, 2005, 12:20 PM

We stayed at the this B&B in 2003 and found it to be very reasonable at that time. However, the rates increased significantly in 2004 and we found another small B& B in the same area called Posada Palermo and this B & B was much superior and alot less per night. The breakfast is unbelievable and the rooms are large. The email there is [email protected]