Mal Pais Suggestions Restaurants & Surfing

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2005, 05:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're leaving next Friday for Costa Rica, and I am so excited! What restaurants would you recommend in Mal Pais/Santa Teresa area? Where is a good place for a beginner to take surfing lessons?
Old May 27th, 2005, 06:58 AM

piccardl, Was in Mal-Pais a couple of Months ago. Great little pizza, sub place right on the beach with good parking. Forget name but it is the access road accross from Frank's place. So much to see that is hidden. Was only there for day trips. As far as Surfing goes. If you can find a place that has the patients to teach a beginner, be sure to have a female with you to give them some interest, because all the dudes I saw were already "spent" by noon. I had 4 Women with me which is why we got the lessons. Good Luck!
Beautiful place to get lost in!
Old May 27th, 2005, 07:26 AM

Just got back Tuesday from Mal Pais. Liked Frank's Place, Tropico Latino, and the resturant the first post is talking about. I heard Las Predias (?) was good and also a Thai resturant. We (my husband and I) took surf lessons from Marco with Santa Teresa Surf School. Its down past Tropico Latino.
Old May 27th, 2005, 08:33 AM

Not sure if you read my trip report. we were there a couple weeks ago. Check out our site that is easier to wade through.

www.vallimont.blog.com

I listed about five different restaurants in Malpais and talked about the beginning surfing lessons I took.
Old May 27th, 2005, 10:05 AM

There are some restaurants on my recent trip report as well. The top meals for us were at Mary's, Chile Viola, and our top choice was actually by a private chef on the beach the day we got engaged...but I have to say we didn't have a bad meal while we were there. So many good new restaurants have popped up. I believe the first post was talking about the pizza restaurant at the main beach of Carmen, and Las Piedras is good local food on the beach in the center of Mal Pais. Have a great trip!
Old May 27th, 2005, 10:21 AM

OOps...I just looked at my restaurant list and realized it's called Piedra Mar. Las piedras is actually a barbecue place in Santa Teresa. It's very good as well.