Search

Mal Pais Anniversary, where else??

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mal Pais Anniversary, where else??

Hello everyone,
This will be our second visit to Costa Rica for our 1 year anniversary. We are going in August and staying at Casa Chameleon in Mal Pais where we stayed for our honeymoon last year(very excited), but we can't decide where else to visit. We really love Mal Pais. We were thinking about going to Arenal,Monteverde, or Osa Peninsula for part of the time to see a bit more of the country.
I don't think we can beat the beach and jungle experience we had last year, so something very different would be good. I based those 3 places on posts I've read here, but I would really appreciate any other thoughts on these choices. We are both late 20's,nature lovers, but like nice accommodations and non-touristy places(enjoy our privacy and don't do well with crowds). Any suggestions?
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 02:05 PM

I'd go to the Osa .....
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 06:18 PM

I tend to agree with Faithie. Especially in light of your last paragraph. Bosque del Cabo would be a great place for a second honeymoon stay. It's gorgeous there. August might be a little rainy for that far south. Will you be traveling early or late August?

Another area you might enjoy is the drier northwest--Guanacaste. Staying at a lodge in the Rincon de la Vieja might be enjoyable for you. Mudbaths, hiking, tropical dry forest with some pretty decent wildlife. Doesn't get much mention, but is a great place--especially in August when it will be green and lush, but drier than other areas, more than likely. Congratulations and have a great anniversary trip!
Old Mar 9th, 2006, 06:20 PM

By the way, I'm going to borrow your thread to say "hello" to Faithie (forgot to tell her something in the previous post!). Percy e-mailed and asked me to tell you hello and that he has seen koalas! I know I needn't remind you of earlier posts when he was making all those insane references to "our relatives". . .anyway, they are having a great time and enjoying all the sights. Probably are in the outback by now--where he belongs! LOL!
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 05:09 AM

Osa is wonderful but Casa Viva house rentals on Playa Punta Uva 6kms south of Puerto Viejo is pure bliss. Find it on www.grencoast.com (click on Viva)

Old Mar 10th, 2006, 05:28 AM

Sorry that should be www.greencoast.com

Also labled pictures of the beach out front, property garden, one of the houses, howler monkeys on the property, can be viewed on my photo website http://rvincent3.photosite.com
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

Thank you very much Faithie, Shillmac, and earthtraveler! Great ideas. I am researching each of them and will be sure to post my findings.
Thanks again for taking the time to respond!
Old Mar 10th, 2006, 06:59 AM
Original Poster

Ps. Great photos earthtraveler! Thank You!