COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Makanda or Tulemar??

Old Aug 17th, 2002, 04:57 AM
Jill

Makanda or Tulemar??

We can't decide between TULEMAR or MAKANDA when in Manuel Antonio. If anyone can give a Pro/Con list for each hotel that would be great.

We are going for our First Wedding Anniversary and are combining it with a stay at Tabacon Resort.
Thanks

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 03:59 AM
Jill

HELP I need to book my HOTEL soon!!!
FEEDBACK!!!!!

Old Aug 20th, 2002, 04:13 AM
Dave

We stayed three nights at Tulemar two weeks ago.
Pros-Spacious bungalow, beautiful small private beach,nice grounds with monkeys/sloths/birds, forest trails, very quiet/secluded for the area.
Cons-Very quiet/secluded if your looking for nightlife (we weren't), bungalows nice, but not luxurious.

We went as a family (two sons 10 & 13) so the Tulemar was ideal for us. Makanda won't accept children, so may be more romantic. By the way, we also stayed at Tabacon Resort and really enjoyed it. Nice rooms, Hot Springs and Volacano were great.

Old Sep 12th, 2002, 03:41 PM
Katie

We stayed at Makanda for our honeymoon in July and it was by far the most amazing place we have ever been. If you get one of the seperate bungalows, it is like being in your own little jungle hidaway. We had a hammock in our living room that looked out through the jungle and onto the ocean. When we arrived the staff had placed flowers all over our bed along with a personal note of congratulations. The restaurant was very good and the pool also has an astonishing view. If you are looking for a romantic hideaway, Makanda is a good as it gets.

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 02:41 PM
wendy

Honeymooned at Makanda; one of the most beautiful places I've ever experienced. Both of us were in heaven!!!

Old Oct 8th, 2002, 07:24 PM
Kasia

Just got back from our 10 day Honeymoon in Costa Rica!
We stayed at Makanda for 4 nights in Villa #10 and it was incredible! It is a very secluded property! The Villas are large and spacious. The glass doors opened to a huge deck complete with Hammock, chairs and dining set, where we had breakfast served every morning.
The pool was just wonderful! We used it almost every day as it was hot and sunny! We booked all our tours with the hotel and all the people there were very kind and helpful!
I would highly recommend this property! I travel alot and I was very impressed! We are definately going to stay at Makanda when we visit Costa Rica again!!!
GREAT CHOICE!!