Search

Tabacon Resort

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 12:57 PM
Stacy

Tabacon Resort

Going to Costa Rica in May for honeymoon. Looking for a hotel to stay at. How is Tabacon Resort?

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 07:42 PM
Lisa

I stayed there in '97, and absolutely LOVED it!!!<BR>It was romantic, and the spa was great, and the people there were extremely nice and went out of their way to help us woth anything we needed.<BR>I HIGHLY recommend staying at the Tabacon Resort.<BR>

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 11:03 AM
lisa

Stayed there in '99 and thought it was OK -- rooms were institutional (like your standard Holiday Inn in the US), lacking character, and staff was unfriendly and not helpful. It was the only place we stayed during our 2-week trip that we did not particularly care for. The room was clean and comfortable, just not special in any way. We stayed there one night and that was fine -- I would not have wanted to stay longer than that.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 03:31 PM
Kasia

We are going to Costa Rica for our Honeymoon in September and while we visit the Arenal/La Fortuna area we are staying at Tabacon Resort. Apparently this is the best resort in that area. We've booked a Junior Suite which I believe is their nicer room. I'm actually not expecting anything fancy. Hoping some of the other places we are staying will be more charming.

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 12:58 PM
Dave

We just returned from CR and stayed two nights at Tabacon. Standard rooms are very spacious and actually quite nice. View of Volcano very good (we got lucky and saw it quite a bit). Breakfast (included) is pretty good, I'd skip the Dinner Buffet though. I've read people complaining about the staff being rude, but we found them very cordial during our brief stay.

Old Aug 18th, 2002, 10:31 AM
Don

We stayed there last April for 3 nights.<BR><BR>Very nice. I would recommend, however, even on a honeymoon you may want to limit the stay to 2-3 nights. If like us, it was plenty time in one spot.<BR><BR>I would head out to the beach. Tamarindo and Capt Suizo was great and is a nice quiet place for a honeymoon.