Search

Luxury and Kid Friendly AI

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luxury and Kid Friendly AI

I would like to take a vacation during Spring break 2007 someplace warm (Mexico or the Caribbean) with my 12 yr old. She likes action (kid’s activities, water park/pool, snorkeling, etc.) and I like luxury. I'm not into the night life, but love sightseeing. Is there anyplace that combines activities for kids and luxury?
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 03:50 PM

For luxury try the Four Seasons at Nevis. Might be a tad slow for the 12-year old but there is golf and tennis to keep her busy, as well as water sports.
For a more active time try Grand Cayman; either the Westin or the Ritz Carlton.
If you want to add a little culture go to Mexico City and see Teotihuacan, or to Guatemala and see Tikal, the Indian highlands, and the Holy Week processions in Antigua.
Old Jul 14th, 2006, 04:56 PM

Friends took their 10 yr son to FS Nevis last year...he had a blast!! Hiking up a mountain, snorkling, etc. FS usually has a great kid's club.
Old Jul 16th, 2006, 10:31 AM

The Four Season's-Costa Rica is beautiful (actually physical structure and pool area nicer than FS-Nevis) but based on 2 visits to both I would guess a few more children at Nevis (it has a few more units,I think). Both have excellent food but have not been to Nevis in 18 months. I personally like the rooms more at Costa Rica but the Nevis property is more tropical. The snorkeling in Costa Rica is NON-EXISTANT. The snorkeling in Nevis is fair to good based on visibility of water. One should not go there for the snorkeling. Actually the snorkeling is better around St. Kitts. They may offer a 1/2 day snorkel trip now to areas near St. Kitts, you could ask in advance. There are several lovely pools at each but no water park. These are not theme hotels. Just lovely for 7-8 night stay.
Old Jul 16th, 2006, 11:19 AM

My kis loved Costa Rica but FS was too far away from everything for us. So we stayed at less luxury s they could experience monkeys, slothes and many more animals on our property. I would not recommend what we did for the lap of luxury. However, in Belize, Frances Ford Coppola's Turtle Inn would have it all for you. Lots to do on and off sight and about 5 employees per family to serve you! My kids loved it and so did we!