Lunch in Rio

Old Oct 9th, 2004, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lunch in Rio

Does anyone have a great seafood restaurant in Rio? looking for great food ..restaurant w/ ambiance. Views etc. Thanks
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 04:25 PM

I really like MARIUS an the end of Copa Cabana. It is an all you can eat place , very nice decor, excellent location.
Old Oct 9th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Miquel.
Will check it out!
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 10:05 AM

There are several seafood restaurants in Rio, one which is only seafood and a little short on ambiance is Shirley's in Leme. This is a favorite of the locals and the best. Another is Satyricon in Ipanema, full of Ambiance, very high class, Italian style, dont miss it. Also Try Margutta in Ipanema, Italian seafood and Don Camillo in Copacabana on Ave. Atlantico, has an outdoor cafe and inside on most nights they have singing opera arias Italian style also, not to be missed.
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Original Poster

Thanks.. yes looking for great seafood restaurant ..price no object ( quality of food is ;-) and ambiance..beach view would be nice..
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 06:29 PM

Well if this is for lunch and you want to have a beach view then the only one is Dom Camillo on Ave Atlantica and Rua Bolivar, sit in the outdoor cafe and enjoy the view. Its really a good restaurant.
Old Oct 13th, 2004, 07:28 AM

Another option would be on top of one of the major hotels, for example Ceasar Park has a nice restaurant I believe its called Tiberius and also The Meridian has a french restaurant, both hotels would have a grand view as would the Sofitel which has the best view of Copacabana and several restaurants in full view.
Old Oct 13th, 2004, 11:40 AM

We ate at Satyricon in Ipanema on a recent trip to Rio and the food and service are excellent. The seafood on ice as you enter is just spectacular...I have never seen anything like the blood red prawns that were the size of a small lobster.

However I have to say that despite the wonderfully warm service (including great wine recommendations) the ambiance and decor were somewhat disappointing and the room had a conference hall feel to it. However the food, in particular the sashimi was fabulous.