Search

Lost Iguana....and more logistical questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2005, 04:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lost Iguana....and more logistical questions

Hi everyone,
Sorry to keep posting, but I want to make sure someone reads my post and helps me out. First thing, I really want to stay at the lost iguana in arenal. I've filled out their online form twice and haven't heard back from them, does anyone have an alternative form of communication for them? Or should I assume that I'm not hearing from them because there is no availability? Next question is about hiring a driver. I want to hire a driver to take us from san jose to arenal the day we arrive. I've been in touch with Jonathan sedo who I read about on this site as well as others. He is charging 150 and requiring that I western union him the money prior to the trip. I find this to be a bit shady and so am looking to see if anyone has a more reputable alternative. Thanks so much for your help!!
Old Oct 31st, 2005, 05:55 PM

How long since you've sent the e-mails? Often businesses in CR can take few, if several, days to respond. Quickest way would be just to call, it's not too expensive & you can at least confirm they've rec'd your e-mails.

I can't vouch for this particular driver myself, but many places in CR require payment up front. He takes no other requests when he commits to be your driver, so if your plans change at the last minute, he is out a days, or more, work.
Old Nov 1st, 2005, 04:45 AM

Email or call Carlos Bogarin at [email protected] or phone from the states 011.506.240.2727, cell 384.4042 I highly recommend his services for transport. We have used Carlos for 10 years, even after moving to CR we hire Carlos to assist us in navigating in San Jose etc. He speaks English, very personable, alot of fun, knowledgeable about Costa Rica and dependable. His van is large, clean and safe. Additionally, he knows the people at Lost Iguana and should be able to help you confirm your reservation. If he's on the road, he might not respond immediately to the email, so it might be best to call. Tell him Harry and Lisa in Manuel Antonio say hello! Repost if you'd like more info. Lisa in Manuel Antonio
Old Nov 1st, 2005, 04:10 PM

Hi there! We made reservations for Lost Iguana for early November. Tara is the person I have been in touch with via email. After I sent my deposit via fax it took a few emails to get confirmation. It sounds like such a great place - just keep trying. Good luck! ~Amy
Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 08:48 AM

This is from their website...

call our reservations desk at U.S. (281) 535-2552 or Costa Rica Hotel office (011 506) 461-0122. and FAX (011 506) 461-0121

The us number is in or near Houston Texas. I called it when booking my trip. I think Tara is the contact. I also called the Hotel in costa rica and talked with Shelly the manager and I negotiated a better room rate.

Calling Costa Rica took a few attempts but it was because of the poor international phone lines.
Old Nov 2nd, 2005, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

Hi everyone,
thanks for all your helpful replies! I finally did get in touch with lost iguana and their low season rate was not what I thought it would be. So, now I'm back to square one, can anyone recommend a good alternative to lost iguana that will be about as nice? Thanks in advance.