Los Cabos

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Los Cabos

Hi-

Trying to plan a nice relaxing getaway for April. I came across 3 hotels - Hilton Los Cabos, Esperanza, and Las Ventanas. I know the last two are very expensive. I don't mind paying more if it is really worth it. We want good service and great food. We want to be pampered. We maybe hopefully trying to start a family soon so this will probably be out last "splurge" vacation for a while. Also, does anyone know if any offer all inclusives or is that not worth it for this area. Also, we are very much pool people. We have been to Royal Hideaway in Playa del Carmen if that helps in the type of style we like. We LOVED it!!!! Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 15th, 2006, 11:15 AM

The Hilton is nowwhere near in the same class as the other two. When I stayed with my husband in Los Cabos last winter, we walked over to the Hilton from the Marquis. The grounds are nice. Overall, I was a little unimpressed, considering all the great reviews it gets on Tripadvisor. It's still just a Hilton. It was very crowded, and the rooms didn't look all that special, fine not spectacular. I'd gone back and forth between the Hilton and the Marquis, and was really glad we chose the Marquis for just a little more. We loved it.
If you can afford the Esperanza...wow, it's spectacular. We ate lunch there, and it could be the most beautiful resort I've ever seen...
Old Sep 15th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Original Poster

Thank you so much. I am going to look into the Marquis now. I got the idea for the Hilton from tripadvisor seeing as how it got so many great reviews. I appreciate your response.
Old Sep 16th, 2006, 09:41 AM

good luck, junebride! Don't get me wrong, the Hilton is a very nice property, but it didn't quite live up to the hype for me when I saw it...and the Marquis' guest rooms are definitely a notch nicer.
Old Sep 16th, 2006, 04:19 PM

If you want to splurge before kids, I'd head for Esperanza. Accomodations, service, the spa, etc...
They've thought of everything and it has got to be one of my favorite resort destinations.
Old Sep 17th, 2006, 01:08 PM

I agree with DMary. Esperanza is amazing. Too expensive for me, but if I could afford it, it looks worth it!