Search

Looking for PV vacation pkg

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 11:59 AM

Looking for PV vacation pkg

Hi- A group of 4 singel women taking a trip for a 30th birthday July 3-7 2002. We are thinking of Puerta Vallarta. We have all travelled to Europe and the Carribean on longer trips. This one will be shorter, but we would like an active, authentic, cultural experience. Any suggesstions?

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 12:29 PM
Susan

Puerto Vallarta is a fantastic town! For authentic, active & cultural, I highly encourage you to stay within town rather than out in the resort areas. If you do want an air/hotel packages, Buenaventura is usually the closest hotel to town offered. Or sometimes Playa Los Arcos which is right on the beach in "Old Town". PV is an easy, safe, lovely town, don't be afraid to arrange your trip yourself. (I go to PV a couple times a year, and always just buy a plane ticket and book a room over internet).

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 01:26 PM

Thanks Susan! BTW- Which airline do you use when booking your own trip? We are departing out of San Antonio, TX. Also-are there any hotels you suggest that are also on a nice beach. The last time I was in PV was 1988. We had a stayed in Old Town. This time, I would like the cuture, but with a nice beach as well. Is this possible?

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 03:50 PM
Susan

I fly Alaska Airlines (coming out of Seattle). My cousin joined me last trip, flew out of Houston on American.<BR><BR>I don't want to say "not possible", but the beaches in PV just really aren't that nice. But along Playa Los Muertos (the main local beach in old town - which you might know from your last trip) there are hotels like Molino de Agua, Playa Los Arcos, Tropicana.<BR><BR>Although my latest personal favorite is Casa Andrea, which is a small B&B style place 1-1/2 block in off that beach. Just gorgeous. She has a 2-bedroom apartment that if you all shared would be a helluva deal. (www.casa-andrea.com but the site's been down the past couple days).

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 07:14 AM
mexicodan

I stay at the Hotel Tropicana in Old Town PV on 314 Amapas street right on Playa Los Muertos. Big old Mexican hotel with a great beach front and view rooms. FX: 322-26737<BR><BR>adios!<BR>mexicodan<BR>www.mexicomexico.info