Puerto Vallarta - Bluebay Club or Playa los Arcos?in

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 11:31 AM
Mary

Puerto Vallarta - Bluebay Club or Playa los Arcos?in

My husband and I are going to PV the end of August and can't decide between these hotels. Can you guys please help me decide between the 2? How is beach, food, service, facilities, etc. Also, I've never been to PV, is the end of August an OK time to visit.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 12:13 PM
location location location

August in PV will be HOT with possibly some rain. I can't compare the 2 hotel's services BUT the location is completely different. Playa Los Arcos is right IN the heart of "Old Town PV" on the main local beach called Playa Los Muertos. Bluebay (says their website) is 10 min. drive from south end of town and 40 min. drive in from the airport.<BR><BR>So to me the main difference is at Los Arcos everything is right out your front door, walking distance ~ more restaurants than you will ever be able to eat in, shopping galore, the Malecon (evening seawall promondate), El Centro (old downtown), etc. At Bluebay you will be restricted to your resort or need to catch a cab or bus into town (but they aren't expensive).

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 12:57 PM
latest report

Mary, I just noticed a new post over on www.frommers.com forum with a detailed description about someone's experience at Bluebay (Shelly posted April 16). Topic titled Puerto Vallarta; currently at the top of the list; second to last post in thread.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 01:51 PM
sorry

I posted first above but upon looking further at websites I am not sure the location of Blue Bay is what I thought (there's both a "resort" and a "club"). Do you know if it is on Playa Los Muertos/Conchas Chinas, which are the 2 intown beaches OR out in the Hotel Zone OR south of town proper? Sincerely sorry for spreading misinformation.<BR><BR>I KNOW that Playa Los Arcos is a popular hotel right in the center of the main town beach in the Old Town neighborhood.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 06:12 PM
Brianne

We almost booked at the Blue Bay Club last year, but decided to change our mind. Heard that the beach isn't that great in that particular area- small and tidal. Instead we booked at the sister resort, Blue Bay Getaway. It is next to the Sheraton. All- Inclusive, only 10-15 min walk to downtown. Nice beach. Hope this helps!

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 09:06 AM
Clarisa

I would recommend Playa Los Arcos (of these two choices). It is on the beach with a big pool in the Olas Altas neighborhood. Be sure to get a room overlooking the pool or the beach (not on the street side of the hotel which can be very noisy at night).