Looking for a villa in Manuel Antonio

May 6th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Original Poster

Looking for a villa in Manuel Antonio

Can anyone recommend a villa in Manuel Antonio that will comfortably sleep 6, has a pool, privacy, AC (at least in the bedrooms) and is no more than $2500 a week in May 2008. It also needs to be within reasonable walking distance of one or two restaurants. Any help will be greatly appreciated!
I'm going nuts looking at pictures online and every time I think I've found the perfect villa, someone tells me it's not what it seems.
May 7th, 2007, 04:55 PM

SuCo , did you ever get a reply re:
The Jungle Villa in MA? We too thought of a possible rental there for a family gathering. Any info? Thanks
May 7th, 2007, 05:01 PM

I don't know if you are set on Manuel Antonio, but I have several options in Playa Grande. We are located in the Northern Pacific coast in Guanacaste just across the estuary from Tamarindo. It is a really beautiful long white sand beach that is practically deserted. The area is part of a National Park and is a great relaxation getaway.

If you want more info, please e-mail me directly at [email protected]. Thanks and good luck. You'll have a great time no matter where you end up, Costa Rica has a lot to offer.
May 8th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Original Poster

Parrmt,
Here's what I got about the Jungle Villa...maybe you can help me decide just what to do about it.

First, I posted on another forum asking for info on the Jungle Villa. Someone replied and said it's great, she's stayed there several times and everyone she's taken there just loves it. However, after a little research, I found out that she owns a company that rents villas in CR and Jungle Villa is one she represents. So, I can't be sure she's not biased.

Second, someone on here referred me to a tour guide who lives in MA. I thought, ok, he's a just a tour guide and shouldn't have any bias, so I emailed him and asked if he knew of the place. He emailed back and said he didn't know of the house, but went to visit it because I asked about it and that it is very old, very smelly and the rooms are tiny. (He also included that if he had to stay there, he would be sick.) When I emailed him back to see if he could recommend another villa, he replied saying that he was taking over the management of a villa next month and we should stay at that one. So now I can't be sure if he's biased either.

So who to believe? The woman who represents the house, or the man who represents another house? Obviously someone's not being fully truthful about the villa...

Keep in mind that the first woman never said she owned a rental company...I had to do a little digging to find that out. Also, when I posted this question on that forum (about people recommending a villa), the same woman replied and gave several options, only one of which she represents. I'm leaning a little more towards believing her, but maybe I'm being naive.

What do you think, parrmt? Would you rent the house based on these two reviews? No one else has responded about it on any of the three forums I've posted on.

Anyone else, please throw in your two cents as well!
May 9th, 2007, 05:08 PM

SuCo,

Hhmmm big problem. Wow, I thought I was a a pro at digging out info on possible rentals. I have not been able to find out anything on the Jungle Villa. I am very anal and obsessive researching, researching and then some more! Thanks for all of the info.

I truly thought the house pics looked a little dark and the rooms looked dark as well as dated. But oh that pool!

I assume we are talking about the same house, video of monkeys cavorting on the deck, accented voice explaining the amenities???

I think unless you get positive feeback from a truly non biased person, I don't think I would feel comfortable staying there, I will probably pass.

Big decision tho! Tough to call.
What are the other boards that you mentioned?

Keep in touch and keep me informed. My email is [email protected] Thanks!!

Search this Thread