Local tour operator - Patagonia / Bariloche

Dec 1st, 2008, 10:45 PM
Original Poster

Local tour operator - Patagonia / Bariloche

I am planning a first time trip to Argentina sometime between May-September 2009. I prefer to spend my money in Argentia and book directly through a local operator instead of making use of a big international company / agent. Any recommendations for a reliable company?? (small, independant, locally owned)

Thx
Dec 2nd, 2008, 04:27 AM

Hi Lienkie if you look in this forum you will see that there are several favorites . Mine is Wow Argentina, ( www.wowargentina.com) why ?
Because number one they give the best possible service.
No matter what they stay with you 24x7, this forum and others is full of travelers that are very satisfied with them.
At the same time many other options have emerged in this forum and in other forums , including people that give a personal name and an email address and one has the right to ask oneself which represent a duly licensed travel agency and which does not.
In this difficult times it is more important than ever to deal with a duly licensed travel agency than with mere individuals no matter how diligent they might be.
Why? In Argentina local flights change often their itineraries, hotels rated four stars might or might not be what an international travel considers a 4 star, hotels refund easily or not your deposit in the case that you are stuck in a place you might not like because in the internet the gave you deceiving
Information etc.
I like WoW because it is a family enterprise, small, yet very efficient, with a wonderful record, and because it is a duly licensed travel agency, a member
of ASTA ( American Society of Travel Agents) among other travel organizations.
I have no other relation with WOW and Cintia and her husband Matias than that of a regular thankful customer who has enjoyed repeatedly their excellent service and dedication.
I think they must be listed in several guide books.
Dec 2nd, 2008, 04:52 AM

Lienke: you specify Patagonia/Bariloche.

If you want someone for that region specifically, I suggest you take a look at http://livinginpatagonia.com/

I'm a local, so I have never used their services, but, if you like their website, e-mail them. They are frequent posters both here and on TA.

If you want someone who covers all of Argentina, I suggest you use this forum's search feature (and Trip Advisor's) to research Isabel, the independent local travel agent I usually recommend.

Have a great time in our country.
Dec 2nd, 2008, 11:16 AM

I will add to Graziella's endorsement of Cintia and Matias of WOW! Argentina. They handled all of my travel arrangements for Argentina and specifically my visit to Bariloche. My trip report is called "My Argentine Adventure" and is posted under my screen name in this forum.
Dec 2nd, 2008, 10:37 PM
Original Poster

Thank you All for your recommendations - I will look into both the suggested options
Thanks!
Dec 4th, 2008, 09:30 PM

We were in Patagonia and Bariloche (and elsewhere) two months ago. I can highly recommend Isabel of Buenos Aires Tours ([email protected]). The best travel agent I have every used. Very personalized service.

Isabel in turn connected us with excellent guides in Patagonia and Bariloche.

I agree with everything Graziella said about the benefits of a local agent.
Dec 5th, 2008, 05:50 AM

Hi, when i went to argentina with my family we went on this tour that was relatively cheap and very nice. We went to bariloche, here is the link of what we did

http://www.buenosairesstay.com/basta...services07.htm
Dec 14th, 2008, 01:54 PM

I tried to deal with Isabel of Buenos Aires Tours who I found to be very rude. She didn't appreciate that I did something on my own without waiting on her. I would go somewhere else!
Dec 14th, 2008, 02:13 PM

Well, if my memory is working properly, I believe that is the first negative post I have read about Isabel.

Exception to the rule?
Sep 29th, 2016, 05:18 AM

This in old post, but I just happened to reread it. We are now working on a trip to
Chile. I contacted Isabel, who did such a great job for us in Argentina in 2008. I was pleased to find out that she also handles Chile, Uruguay and Bolivia. So, I am working with her again and she is excellent.

We have had lot of good agents over the years. But Isabel is the best of all of them. Her daughter is now working with her, too.